Global Bot Commands to Speak to Humans

New Contributor

I'm currently setting up a bot to help our new user with onboarding and create a path to contact us quickly if they need help. 

Is there a way to create global commands and is there a best practice for ensuring a user can get connected to a team member if they get frustrated with the bot experience?

Examples:

If a user sends the message "speak to a human" at any point they would be connected to a team member. 

If a user sends a message to a bot, and that bot doesn't have a programmed answer, they would be directed to a team member.

If a user sends a message "Show me my checklist", the bot would reply with the user's checklist (a checklist is a pre-composed message that draws from contact properties). 

0 Upvotes
2 Replies
Community Manager

Hi @Carv,

Depending on your subscription, you could add an if/then branch to your bot, and set that if a user types "human" at any point in their bot chat, they get routed to a human. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 1.45.37 PM.png

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I  started added those if/then, but realized it not really practical to add them for every single step for every bot. 

Is there a feature in the backlog that would allow global commands to work?

0 Upvotes