Sales Hub Tools

KBujaidar

Ghost Deals

SOLVE

Hi, I am trying to change my closed lost reason from a textbox to a dropdown selection, but I am having issues. Hubspot is telling me there are 158 deals using this property so I can't edit it until the deals are removed, but these deals are not showing up. In the deals tab, it is empty and I have tried creating a list to single out what contacts are associated with deals, but no contacts are associated with deals. Please let me know if anyone has experienced this or if anyone can think of some type of solution because I have hit a brick wall. Thank you! Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 3.39.37 PM.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Ghost Deals

SOLVE

Ah ha! We've found them @KBujaidar !

This is great, you might need to do an export with all properties (not just those in view) and then you can import to replace the content and see if we can get them to show up.

You can't delete them from import, but you can make them visible and then delete them from HubSpot.

I think the biggest issue is that a lot of the deals don't have deal names - that doesn't explain why the others aren't visible, but my best guess is that they are in a deal stage that doesn't exist anymore (not sure how that is possible).

You'll want to update the deal stage to Closed lost or whatever their stage should be and with name and stage, you should be able to see them again after import.

I'm making a big assumption you don't need these deals if you are asking about deleting through import (and the fact you haven't been able to see them until now). Let me know if that's not the case and you need to retain the data so we can come up with a different plan.

1 - new export with all deal properties, including name and stage as your first columns in list view will make this easy to update

2 - add value to every deal name (even if identical) and fill in the stage to an existing stage

3 - import data back

4 - cross fingers

5 - select all of the deals and delete them

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

25 Replies 25
KBujaidar

Ghost Deals

SOLVE

Unfortunately I am still left with this being used in one app which prohibits me from changing the open text box to a drop downScreen Shot 2022-10-03 at 10.03.46 AM.png

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Ghost Deals

SOLVE

Hi @KBujaidar 

I would suggest changing the filter to show "Closed Lost" is "Known" and remove any other filter.

This will show you the 158 deals that match the criteria (which with the current filter removed, looks like all of them).

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

KBujaidar

Ghost Deals

SOLVE

Hi @Jnix284 I tried filtering as you said but I am still getting the same error. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions. Thank you!Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 10.01.36 AM.png

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Ghost Deals

SOLVE

@KBujaidar If you remove all filters, do you see any deals?

Another easy way to do this is to switch from list view to board view and then select all of the deals in the closed lost column using the new checkbox feature.

Jnix284_0-1664201450530.png

KBujaidar

Ghost Deals

SOLVE

Hi @Jnix284 thank you so much for the responses as I appreciate any help I can get. Unfortunately I still am unable to see any deals when I change the view or remove all filtersScreen Shot 2022-09-26 at 11.01.57 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-09-26 at 11.02.12 AM.png

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Ghost Deals

SOLVE

Hi @KBujaidar if you have no filters and can't see any deals, then you will need to contact the Super Admin for your account to adjust the permissions.

This knowledge base article explains how user permissions can be set for Deals to allow access based on your role in the organization.

KBujaidar

Ghost Deals

SOLVE

I do have the Super Admin permission already, but it is still showing 0 of 158 deals. Is it possible for deals to be blocked from the super admin but show for lower permissions?

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Ghost Deals

SOLVE

@KBujaidar I don't think so, because Super Admin opens up access to everything, unless for some reason you haven't always been Super Admin and your CRM permissions were limited, maybe then they could somehow be impacting the results, but that seems highly unlikely.

What is also strange, your filters are showing a total of 158 deals in the pipeline

Jnix284_0-1664212782279.png

Since none of the deals are even showing up, the only other idea I have is to create a test deal where you have closed reason included, make sure you've added that column to your view and see what happens when you export the deals with that criteria - if maybe HS can see the 158 other deals and you can't...

0 Upvotes
KBujaidar

Ghost Deals

SOLVE

I created the test deal but was only able to see that single deal. I was able to download our deals in an excel sheet, is there anyway to delete them through importing a blank file or using their record ID?Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 1.31.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-09-26 at 1.31.25 PM.png 

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Solution

Ghost Deals

SOLVE

Ah ha! We've found them @KBujaidar !

This is great, you might need to do an export with all properties (not just those in view) and then you can import to replace the content and see if we can get them to show up.

You can't delete them from import, but you can make them visible and then delete them from HubSpot.

I think the biggest issue is that a lot of the deals don't have deal names - that doesn't explain why the others aren't visible, but my best guess is that they are in a deal stage that doesn't exist anymore (not sure how that is possible).

You'll want to update the deal stage to Closed lost or whatever their stage should be and with name and stage, you should be able to see them again after import.

I'm making a big assumption you don't need these deals if you are asking about deleting through import (and the fact you haven't been able to see them until now). Let me know if that's not the case and you need to retain the data so we can come up with a different plan.

1 - new export with all deal properties, including name and stage as your first columns in list view will make this easy to update

2 - add value to every deal name (even if identical) and fill in the stage to an existing stage

3 - import data back

4 - cross fingers

5 - select all of the deals and delete them

KBujaidar

Ghost Deals

SOLVE

Sorry for the delayed response, I was out of the office for some time. I was able to follow your recommendation and sucessfully deleted the 158 deals. Now for the fun part. I am still being denied the ability to change the property because its being used in 0 of 0 deals... not sure where to go from here. Thank you for your persistent help, I would be much further behind this point without your help!!Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 1.05.41 PM.png

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Ghost Deals

SOLVE

Hi @KBujaidar No problem, I'm happy to help!

I am so glad that you were able to get the ghost deals deleted.

It looks like the property is used in the Deal defaults and also as a requirement for the Deal Sales Pipeline Closed Lost stage.

If you click each of those blue links, it will show you where it is being used so you can determine if you can modify how it is being used.

0 Upvotes
KBujaidar

Ghost Deals

SOLVE

I was able to get rid of the Deal Stages Pipeline Closed Lost by deleting the closed lost property from the pipeline, but I am left with just the Deal app using this stage. Do you have any recommendations as to where I can find whats using this property? I don't have any deals and I can't see where the property is being used

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Ghost Deals

SOLVE

@KBujaidar I don't think you have to remove this to be able to edit it from text to dropdown. Since no deals have this property filled in, you should be able to edit the values now.

Can you try following these instructions from Kyle?

0 Upvotes
KBujaidar

Ghost Deals

SOLVE

For some reason it is still not letting me. When I try to change it, it says the property is still in use by one appScreen Shot 2022-09-30 at 1.50.38 PM.png

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Ghost Deals

SOLVE

@KBujaidar and where does it take you when you click the "Deals" link on the Used in tab?

Do you have any automation setup for deal stages? Is it included on the left sidebar on the deal property? or perhaps a filtered view?

0 Upvotes
KBujaidar

Ghost Deals

SOLVE

No automation, we still have the free version so we can't set that up yet. This is where that deals link takes meScreen Shot 2022-09-30 at 2.18.21 PM.png

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Ghost Deals

SOLVE

@KBujaidar can you check the Record Customization tab? That's the only one I can think of that might have the property "used"

0 Upvotes
KBujaidar

Ghost Deals

SOLVE

Nothings showing up in that tab either 😕 This is all I am able to see from my endScreen Shot 2022-09-30 at 2.25.38 PM.png

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Ghost Deals

SOLVE

@KBujaidar ok, if you click the pipeline tab, and you click "edit properties" on the far right for the Closed Lost stage, do you see the field here:

Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 1.29.27 PM.png

0 Upvotes