Sales Hub Tools

VeronikaSit
Participant

Format dates on quote

SOLVE

Hi there.

I fail to find any documentation / guidance whether you can customize the format of dates on a quote. Our company sells to german market and german format of a date is DD.MM.YYYY. 

Despite german date and number settings under Profile & Preferences / General, quotes do apparently ignore this configuration and force the: MMMM DD, YYYY.

Am I missing something, or is this once again missing basic functionality in Hubspot, preventing its paying customers to achieve basic business use-cases?

Thanks.

Attaching a snapshot from a quote showing the date reference.

VeronikaSit_0-1663174193843.png

1 Accepted solution
kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Format dates on quote

SOLVE

Hi @VeronikaSit,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

I apologize for any business impact and frustration this may have caused.

If this quote was created using the quote editor, we can change this is during quote creation, in the last step ("Review").

If you hover over the "Locale" option, you'll see the following info: This affects the address and date display format of your quote.

example.gif

It looks like we wouldn't be able to make further address/ date format customizations without creating a custom-coded quote. I wanted to refer you to this guide on how to change the datetime format here that can be shared with a developer. 

If you would like to see more customization options for the classic quote editor, I would recommend submitting your feedback to the ideas ideas forum.

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well. 

Thank you

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
SSegundo
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

Format dates on quote

SOLVE

Yes we def need international date formatting options for the date picker option

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Format dates on quote

SOLVE

Hi @SSegundo,

Thank you for your feedback! 

Thank you for feedback.

I would highly recommend you to please post this product suggestion at our ideas forum.

I also wanted to share @VeronikaSit's idea in case you would like to upvote it as well! 🙂 

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well. 

Thank you,

Kristen

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Format dates on quote

SOLVE

Hi @VeronikaSit,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

I apologize for any business impact and frustration this may have caused.

If this quote was created using the quote editor, we can change this is during quote creation, in the last step ("Review").

If you hover over the "Locale" option, you'll see the following info: This affects the address and date display format of your quote.

example.gif

It looks like we wouldn't be able to make further address/ date format customizations without creating a custom-coded quote. I wanted to refer you to this guide on how to change the datetime format here that can be shared with a developer. 

If you would like to see more customization options for the classic quote editor, I would recommend submitting your feedback to the ideas ideas forum.

Thank you

Best,

Kristen

VeronikaSit
Participant

Format dates on quote

SOLVE

Hi @kvlschaefer .

Thanks for the reply, I was able to successfully recreate your proposal. The date format change works well for combination of Language = English, Locale = Dutch. There is one major glitch, however.

If the language is set to Germany, I am not able to change the locale to anything else then German (makes sense). The German locale unfortunately keeps the date format of: MMMM DD, YYYY (e.g. Septeber 16, 2022). 

The traditional date format in Germany is (D)D.(M)M.YYYY (e.g. 9.9.2022 - the leading 0s get ommitted).

That being said, I see this as a gap in implementation of HS quotes specifically, as the German locale seems to work just fine elsewhere in the CRM (see screenshot from a Deal record below).

VeronikaSit_0-1663317308956.png

I will therefore submit this as an Idea, thanks.