Sales Hub Tools

Albertoa
Mitglied

Field disappeared

lösung

I created a field for my products. It helped me filter contacts by product. Suddenly the field disappeared and I can't relate contacts to products.

I'm affraid now that a field I create, can suddenly disappear just like that. Or create my product field again and completely waste my time over again. Is there a field back up, or somewhere I can look for that field?

Pretty frustrating...

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
edjusten
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Field disappeared

lösung

Hi @Albertoa  (Thanks for the ping @Josh!) 

Using a back end tool, I can see that you had a property entitled Producto that was deleted from your portal onon April 5, 2018 at 12:53 EST. However, I can't see the circumstances surrounding the deletion, nor can I see the who deleted the property. As a practice, HubSpot doesn't randomly delete properties, nor does the tool have an automated function that will delete a property. In order to delete a custom created property, a user needs to select the property from the property list, select the delete option, then confirm the deletion via pop-up. 

We don't have the capability to retrieve the property, instead, you will need to re-create it and populate your contacts accordingly.

Thank you,

Ed Justen  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
5 Antworten
Josh
Trendsetter/-in | Platinum Partner

Field disappeared

lösung

Hi @Albertoa,

I'm sorry to hear that! Hopefully we can find it for you. I've never had a field disappear.

My recommendation is:

1. Go to a contact record
  2. Click "View All Properties"
  3. Search for the property name
    1. I would suggest that you leave the "Hide Blank Properties" unchecked

If it's not there you may have to talk to someone at HubSpot tech support.

Hope that helps!

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
Albertoa
Mitglied

Field disappeared

lösung

Hi @Josh, thanks for your support, I did what you suggested. Unfortunately it's not there, and it's weird, because everytime I had a new contact I had to relate it to a product, that is, it was a field I used all the time. It's completely gone.

I have to redo it all, with the risk of that happening again.

Thanks anyway. 

0 Upvotes
Josh

Field disappeared

lösung

@Albertoa,

Let's reach out to a couple of other folks as well, just to be sure we're not missing something.

@roisinkirby@edjusten@Phil_Vallender

Any other insight into this issue?

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
edjusten
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Field disappeared

lösung

Hi @Albertoa  (Thanks for the ping @Josh!) 

Using a back end tool, I can see that you had a property entitled Producto that was deleted from your portal onon April 5, 2018 at 12:53 EST. However, I can't see the circumstances surrounding the deletion, nor can I see the who deleted the property. As a practice, HubSpot doesn't randomly delete properties, nor does the tool have an automated function that will delete a property. In order to delete a custom created property, a user needs to select the property from the property list, select the delete option, then confirm the deletion via pop-up. 

We don't have the capability to retrieve the property, instead, you will need to re-create it and populate your contacts accordingly.

Thank you,

Ed Justen  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Albertoa
Mitglied

Field disappeared

lösung

Thanks @edjusten. It is a mystery to me, but at least I know what happened.

Thanks a lot!