Sales Hub Tools

htc1

Facebook Users Coming in Hubspot Conversation as Unknown Visitors

I have integrated my Facebook Page Messenger with Hubspot. There are some contacts coming in as an "Unknown Visitor" in the conversation inbox and all the unknown visitors are going into my contact list as blanks/-- in every field. I can all of their profile in Facebook messenger, so contacting us without loggin in their Facebook is not likely the case. 

How can I fix this or is there anyone facing this issue as well?

Update:
I noticed that this only happen when I am responding to a user comment to a post on my page thru Facebook Page Messenger. I have another hubspot account for different page but it is not facing this issue. The only difference is that the page facing this issue received alot more messages and comments.

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @htc1 

I investigated more about why some Facebook chats show as from "unknown visitors".

I was able to find that this will happen if the person is chatting while not signed into Facebook. So this is expected to happen.

I did a test to confirm as I was signed into my personal Facebook account and I see my name did pull through in HubSpot.

I hope this information helps.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
htc1

Hi, all of the users that messages my page have logged into their Facebook account as I can see all of their profile from Facebook messenger. As I stated in the update, this only happened when we message somone who commented on our posts. This issue only happen to this one page. It seemed like my current page is the issue, but I don't know if I should contact Facebook or Hubspot for this integration issue. 

0 Upvotes
Klaus

I am facing the same issue -- for almost a year now. HS support keeps telling me that this is due to users not having registered with E-mail addresses but telephone numbers,.. but this does not make sense.

Can you please keep me posted if you find out what to do here?

We are having soooo many "unknown visitors" now. I have the feeling it got way worse since end of June.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Klaus,

I can agree with that since HubSpot will deduplicate a contact based on their email address. If Facebook is not passing a valid unique identifier to HubSpot in the integration and the user not signed into Facebook, it will be displayed, unknown visitor.

As a test, once you request via chat the email does it updates the user name?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

BGalt
Participant

Hi. Thank you for the answer. Now how do we make sure that "Facebook is passing a valid unique identifier to HubSpot in the integration" as you suggested above. 

0 Upvotes