Sales Hub Tools

AHaider3

Error in Workflows

SOLVE

Hi,

Could someone please help me troubleshoot the following error occurring in almost all of the workflows I am creating,

"The property couldn't be set because the company isn't associated with any target records."

AHaider3_0-1643960607804.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Error in Workflows

SOLVE

Hi @AHaider3,

It looks like you're working a company-based workflow which has an action to update the property value of an associated record.

Here's an example of such a workflow: Enroll all companies where Name is known, copy company Name into contact property Company name field of all associated contacts.

HubSpot will throw an error if it can't find any associated contacts associated with the company. If there isn't anything to update, how can it be updated?

I'd recommend checking whether the actions in your workflow related to associated objects are correct. If they are, there is probably an issue of association between your company and contact (or other) records.

If you're unsure how to further troubleshoot this, feel free to share a screenshot. Alternatively, if you have workflows, you also have access to HubSpot support which you could contact through the purple help widget in the bottom right corner of the HubSpot app.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Error in Workflows

SOLVE

Hi @AHaider3,

It looks like you're working a company-based workflow which has an action to update the property value of an associated record.

Here's an example of such a workflow: Enroll all companies where Name is known, copy company Name into contact property Company name field of all associated contacts.

HubSpot will throw an error if it can't find any associated contacts associated with the company. If there isn't anything to update, how can it be updated?

I'd recommend checking whether the actions in your workflow related to associated objects are correct. If they are, there is probably an issue of association between your company and contact (or other) records.

If you're unsure how to further troubleshoot this, feel free to share a screenshot. Alternatively, if you have workflows, you also have access to HubSpot support which you could contact through the purple help widget in the bottom right corner of the HubSpot app.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

DSverdlik

Error in Workflows

SOLVE

Hallo Karsten. I have tried for a couple of hours and still need your help. Mistake "The property couldn't be set because the contact/company/deal isn't associated with any target records" is still there. Here are 2 screenshort. Could you please explain where I am wrong? https://prnt.sc/4xJQSnpfD0bjhttps://prnt.sc/Nd7gkRd5f0x2 There is a subscribtion form for contact, so we have only contact name and email.

0 Upvotes