Sales Hub Tools

Clwagner
Participant

Enrolling Unsubscribed Contact in Sales Sequence

Résolue

Hello! I've recently come across an issue with enrolling contacts into a sequence who have previously unsubscribed from marketing emails.

Here is the scenario in detail:

We are running a campaign that pushes contacts to a landing page where they can fill out a form if they are interested in the offer. The form fills are sent to our customer care team in HubSpot to then enroll that contact in a sequence. Our customer care team members alerted us this morning that they can't enroll a contact in a sequence if they are unsubscribed, but they can send them a template.

Which in my opinion is weird considering that sequences consist of templates...

Just talking through the issue - If a contact has previously unsubscribed from marketing emails but fills out a form, wouldn't that mean that they are acknowledging that we will be reaching out via email? Shouldn't the subscription preferences be updated if a contact re-engages with our business via a form fill?

Another thought - Aren't sales sequences and templates different than marketing emails? If so, the unsubscribe preferences shouldn't affect sales sequences, only marketing emails.

Is there any way around this? Is anyone else experiencing this?

1 Solution acceptée
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @Clwagner,

When a contact unsubscribes, this "indicates that the current email address has opted out of all email from the account", including future marketing emails and one-to-one emails.

One of the few types of emails that can still be sent to unsubscribed contacts are transactional emails. Transactional emails can be purchased as an additional add-on. (These would however affect marketing emails, not sales emails. Sequences could still not be sent.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

1 Réponse
karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @Clwagner,

When a contact unsubscribes, this "indicates that the current email address has opted out of all email from the account", including future marketing emails and one-to-one emails.

One of the few types of emails that can still be sent to unsubscribed contacts are transactional emails. Transactional emails can be purchased as an additional add-on. (These would however affect marketing emails, not sales emails. Sequences could still not be sent.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.