Sales Hub Tools

agesse

Email signature not showing up in preview or when sent from Hubspot

SOLVE

Hi - so I have tried re-adding a new HTML signature (made with Hubspot's free signature maker) because the previous one stopped showing up in both the preview and when sent from Hubspot, has not helped. Is there any reason why the signature suddently disappeared? I have tried adding and deleting it a few times with no luck. Its not showing up anywhere except in the preferences when I 'add' it. Help??

3 Accepted solutions
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @agesse can you confirm you are following these instructions correctly: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/account/how-do-i-add-an-email-signature-for-the-c...

When you send a test email does the signature display?

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
rcovelli
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I have found this to work. I got it from a chat with Ryan at Customer Support. It avoids the possible issues with using the Signature Edit feature under Profiles and Preferences.

#1.png

#2.png

#3.png

#4.png

#5.png

HIT SAVE

There is a preview pane to the right, and it should show you what the signature will look like. In my experience, this is the signature that will appear on outgoing emails sent from both the Conversations and the Contacts pages. Hope it works for you.

JoMolina
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello team!

This might be slightly unrelated but for the users who are having issues with the signature images when sending sequences. This seems to be caused by Outlook not being able to populate the image in a public way in the HubSpot connector. I found a workaround, I found this article to add the HTML signature (created in HubSpot) to the outlook signature. Doing this will help the connector identify the source of the image. As this is a workaround for this behavior in specific it might make the signature images not render properly in Outlook, so you need to switch the signatures depending on usage.

26 Replies 26
JoMolina
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello team!

This might be slightly unrelated but for the users who are having issues with the signature images when sending sequences. This seems to be caused by Outlook not being able to populate the image in a public way in the HubSpot connector. I found a workaround, I found this article to add the HTML signature (created in HubSpot) to the outlook signature. Doing this will help the connector identify the source of the image. As this is a workaround for this behavior in specific it might make the signature images not render properly in Outlook, so you need to switch the signatures depending on usage.

DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JoMolina, hope you are doing well!

Thanks for sharing this workaround.

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
rcovelli
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I have found this to work. I got it from a chat with Ryan at Customer Support. It avoids the possible issues with using the Signature Edit feature under Profiles and Preferences.

#1.png

#2.png

#3.png

#4.png

#5.png

HIT SAVE

There is a preview pane to the right, and it should show you what the signature will look like. In my experience, this is the signature that will appear on outgoing emails sent from both the Conversations and the Contacts pages. Hope it works for you.

Villads

SOLVE

I have the same issue. I can add a html signature that seemingly works . When I compose an email my signature is not included. 

I tried to wipe the browser data and even tried two different browsers. Same result.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Villads,

Can you please confirm the issue occurs for all signatures within your portal? For example, if you delete the html and add in plain text, does the issue persist?

Can you please try removing and readding the text? 

Additionally, can you please try loading the content in different browsers? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Villads

SOLVE

I solved the issue already. The error was that I had set up my personal mail for the whole team.

hcrossing
Participant

SOLVE

My signature is not displaying when I create new one-to-one emails.  I have deleted my signature and created new ones, still nothing.  When I send emails, the signature is displayed.  When I slowly move the mouse down the email content area, I can hover over the spot where the signature is and is displays the pencil icon.  However, no signature is displayed.

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 4.31.48 PM.png

0 Upvotes
mkelly
Participant

SOLVE

I have this issue as well with email signature not showing up.  It was working fine 2 days ago. Was some type of update done?  I've had several Team Members tell me they are having the same issues.   I'm sure more team members are having this issue, they are not reading my posts in Slack and responding. I can select the signature from a drop-down menu at the bottom of the email..  I would prefer it to automatically apply my signature as it's done in the past.  A drop-down menu is just one more step to have to remember to do. 

0 Upvotes
hcrossing
Participant

SOLVE

Mine worked this morning and then stopped working.  Using Chrome browser on a Mac.

0 Upvotes
Ruud_Klue

SOLVE

I have the same issue

0 Upvotes
hcrossing
Participant

SOLVE

My signature is now working.  I didn't do anything to my signature or my account since my last posting.  I logged into my account this morning, selected a name, created an email and it now displays.

0 Upvotes
mkelly
Participant

SOLVE

same here, it is now working but some of my team members are saying that it's not automatically showing on emails they are replying to in a chain email with the client. So, I would still like for this to be addressed. 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @mkelly @Ruud_Klue @hcrossing

There was a known issue that was causing this issue in Chrome earlier today. It has been resolved. If you are experiencing this issue after clearing your cache and ensuring your Chrome browser is up to date, please let me know.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
ElieZed

SOLVE

Hi All,

I'm having this issue and I'm not really getting any definite answers.

When composing an email from Conversations > Inbox no signature appears, nor does replying to an email from the Email tab.

In addition, the only time a signature appears is when you got to Contacts > select that contact then the little email icon. 

screenshot-app.hubspot.com-2020.04.23-15_42_52.png

Can you tell me why this would be the case?

I also noticed that since December 2018 you've requested people upvote the idea of having it under conversations - has this not yet been implemented?

Thanks

Elie

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @ElieZed,

You can set up your signature for the conversations tool by following the steps here.

Regarding the signature not showing up through the contact record, if you can share screenshots to show what you are seeing for different options on the contact record page, that would be great!

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Martin66

SOLVE

Hi,
I experience the same issue: I set up a signature for my emails in Hubspot, but when answering or composing a new email, the signature is not there. I set it up in my user preferences (CRM Communication - Signature). I opened the preferences, I can see my signature (if I reopen it), it is saved successfully. But when I compose a new email, I don't see any signature.
Any idea how to fix it?

Thank you!

Martin

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

HI @Martin66,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, can you send along screenshots of what you have set up in your profile and preferences and what you are seeing when you are working on the contact record?

The more screenshots and examples you can provide, the better the Community can assist.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @agesse can you confirm you are following these instructions correctly: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/account/how-do-i-add-an-email-signature-for-the-c...

When you send a test email does the signature display?

0 Upvotes
Ashleigh-Foor
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @roisinkirby  - I am experiencing the same issue as OP. However, in trying rcovelli's accepted solution, I cannot find "Conversations". Please help. Thank you.

0 Upvotes
doublebarrel

SOLVE

Hi there, I'm having the same issue. My email signature is not showing up when I compose new emails from the Inbox. VERY frustrating. Is someone able to fix this bug?

Thanks,

Roz

0 Upvotes