Email Issues

Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

I Currently have my email account linked to Hubspot, however, I have individuals associated with several different deals and as a result I am seeing irrelevent emails under each deal.

Is there any way I can filter these emails to automatically assign to a specific deal rather than a specific company or person?

Thanks,

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
HubSpot Moderator

HI @AegisEng,

At this time we don't have a function that will fliter contact emails to a specific deal record. All emails, calls, notes, tasks, scheduled meetings, and logged activities on the associated contact and company records will appear on the deal timeline. This means that if you're working with multiple contacts at a company, and that company is associated with the deal, you may have some additional information be pulled into the timeline. 

From a technical perspective, it would be incredibly difficult to filter out these emails to a specific deal automatically, but if you have any suggestions about how you might see something like that working I'd love to hear more of your thoughts! 

I'm not sure exactly how your sales process works, but perhaps it would be better in your case to only associate an individual contact, not the company, to your deal records. This would at least filter out the noise from contacts associated with other deals that work at the same company, and if necessary you'd be able to see a full record of communication by looking directly at the company record. I'm not sure if you have individual contacts who are associated with multiple deals, but this could be a good solution if not. 

Let me know what you think! 

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi @nicolebrenner,

So, in my eyes in an ideal world, this is how I would love to see things working...

Once I have connected my email account to Hubspot, on the side panel where it asks to move email to Hubspot, it would be useful if there was an drop down option to assign the email to a particular deal. I am in no way a programming expert so I have no understanding of the difficulty of this. I do not know if there is a way of Hubspot offering deal suggestions based on the email content? I see it working similar to the suggested reply function of GMail.

In regards to just associating the individual and not the company, Hubspot automatically assigns a company based on the email of that individual. so johnsmith@hubspot.com gets auto assigned to the company, Hubspot. This would then eliminate that option. However, we would have individuals associated with more than one deal and so it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Hopefully this is useful feedback for you in the development of the site. Let me know what you think.

Cheers.

HubSpot Moderator

Thanks for the detailed feedback @AegisEng, it's very helpful to understand how and why you would use these tools so I appreciate the time you took to think about this. 

0 Upvotes