Sales Hub Tools

KyleRisi
Participant

Effective way to gather lead qualification information

Résolue

Hi Team 👋,

I am trying to work out the most effective way to input lead qualification data into hubspot when the sales team are on the phone to a prospect.

Currently we use a physical printed out form that the Sales team follow on the call. Howver this darts them from the contact record to the company record, to the deal record and then back and forth while filling out the nessisary fields. 🤮

Because of this, our Sales reps simply fill in the pysical form, with the intention of inputting the data at the end of the call, BUT OF COURSE THEY DONT 😱.

Is there a more effective way to gather this data when on a call with a lead? I see Playbooks could help, but unfortunatly our CFO does not have the budget for this. 

Are there any work arounds or alternative ways that we can make this process easier for the sake of data integrity. 

Any advise, tips or suggestions will be much appreciated.

0 Votes
2 Solutions acceptées
Bryantworks
Solution
Conseiller clé | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

Hey @KyleRisi!  So I've done this before with a form for when you don't have playbooks.  You do need access to automation though.

1. Create a property for the link to the form to live on.  You'll be using the "Share" link generated by the form.
  2. Place that property in the about section of the contact.
  3. Create the form with your qualifying criteria
  4. Create a workflow that amends the share link generated by Step 3 to the URL to that property we created in Step 1
    Image 2020-07-14 at 4.17.05 PM.png
  5. Be sure to pay close attention to how I have the email being placed in the link.  That's so when a rep clicks on the link, the email is prepopulated to a email field so the rep can't accidentally overwrite information for a different contact.

Let me know if this helps!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Conseiller clé | Partenaire solutions Gold

Résolue

Hi @KyleRisi 

Personally I like to pace when I'm on the phone, and write, which don't go together.

So, I have a Call Script in a PDF form – on my iPad Pro – that I draw all over while I'm on the call.

Then I attach the PDF to the Contact in HubSpot. Any useful notes I type into HubSpot.

Not something I recommend, it's just what I do.

Have fun

Mike

Thank you for the mention @natsumimori 

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

6 Réponses
SGV
Participant

Résolue

I'm usually adding 3-8 contacts per company and it's really aggravating to have to type in the address, phone, city, etc...which is the same for all of them. A support person from Hubspot helped me create a spreadsheet that will allow me to upload numerous contacts at once...so I don't have to type the same info in for contacts from the same company.    I haven't tried it yet, but it seems straightforward enough.

If it's a CURRENT company, the email will tie it to the company domain.  If you have multiple contacts for the same company, you need to populate each cell for each contact.   

If it's a NEW company, he said an ID should be created from the input.  He said I could use the same spreadsheet for both, but I think I will use separate spreadsheets.  

I tried to attach a copy but don't see that option.  I make a copy and am pasting it here, in the hopes that you can see something that will be helpful.  

Again, I haven't tried this yet, but am praying it works.  If anyone does check it out soon and runs into issues, let me know.  He said he would send supplemental info, but I haven't received it yet.

0 Votes
Mike_Eastwood
Solution

Résolue

Hi @KyleRisi 

Personally I like to pace when I'm on the phone, and write, which don't go together.

So, I have a Call Script in a PDF form – on my iPad Pro – that I draw all over while I'm on the call.

Then I attach the PDF to the Contact in HubSpot. Any useful notes I type into HubSpot.

Not something I recommend, it's just what I do.

Have fun

Mike

Thank you for the mention @natsumimori 

KyleRisi
Participant

Résolue
Sounds good👍, however this is kind of what the team do now, the problem is I want this information in Hubspot and not on a document uploaded to the contact. Unfortunately the sales team don't enter the data properly. 😠

I guess I'm going to have to upgrade to get playbooks 😬
Bryantworks
Solution

Résolue

Hey @KyleRisi!  So I've done this before with a form for when you don't have playbooks.  You do need access to automation though.

1. Create a property for the link to the form to live on.  You'll be using the "Share" link generated by the form.
  2. Place that property in the about section of the contact.
  3. Create the form with your qualifying criteria
  4. Create a workflow that amends the share link generated by Step 3 to the URL to that property we created in Step 1
    Image 2020-07-14 at 4.17.05 PM.png
  5. Be sure to pay close attention to how I have the email being placed in the link.  That's so when a rep clicks on the link, the email is prepopulated to a email field so the rep can't accidentally overwrite information for a different contact.

Let me know if this helps!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
orkunturkey
Participant

Résolue

This is a great solution for those who don't have access to Playbooks. Another thing to build on top of this is making the qualification form a requirement for opening deals. This could be done by checking if all form fields are known and toggling a checkbox property TRUE. Why not check form submissions instead? Because there are some properties in our forms that are not mandatory to fill on the spot, but they should be completed before opening a deal nevertheless. Later on, that checkmark property is made mandatory for creating new deals. 

Two issues we have with this model are:

1) Without Enterprise, we can't set permissions for properties. That means the checkbox criteria can be manually toggled by sales reps.

2) Pre-populating fields. Nothing other than the information already entered in the form BY THE SALES REP is going to be pre-populated. That means our sales reps have to cycle between contact profiles and qualification forms to refer to information when they are on a call with a lead.

0 Votes
natsumimori
Gestionnaire de communauté
Gestionnaire de communauté

Résolue

Hi @KyleRisi ,

Thank you for posting your query in the Community!

I wanted to tag in some top Community contributors here: @Mike_Eastwood and @Bryantworks , could you share your thoughts?