Sales Hub Tools

brandrsn
メンバー

Editing sequences before sending

解決
With sequences, can I personalise every email in the sequence just before sending? For clarity, I'd like to do it mid-sequence, rather than at the start.

So, say I have a 5 email sequence. I tweak the first email then send it. Thereafter, can I tweak the second email prior to it being sent? Or is that messing around with an already-scheduled sequence, as per this support snippet:

"If you edit any of the steps in an active Sequence, the changes will only be applied to newly enrolled Contacts. Any changes you make here will not affect those already enrolled in the Sequence, as you'll see in an alert that will appear at the top of your Sequence."

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
aliciapea
解決策
参加者

解決

Hey @brandrsn, like you mentioned, it is not possible to edit sequences when someone has already been enrolled in them... I think that it is because once you enroll a contact in a sequence, they "freeze" in time so that all of the emails go out exactly as they were when the contact was enrolled, to prevent any sort of miscommunication or unexpected change. So the only time you can edit sequence emails is before enrolling a contact.

In the past, if I've noticed that I need to change an email that will be sent to a contact in a sequence, I'll just unenroll the contact and then create a mini version of the sequence, that starts with the email in question, and then reinroll the contact in that new sequence. Hope this helps!

元の投稿で解決策を見る

2件の返信
aliciapea
解決策
参加者

解決

Hey @brandrsn, like you mentioned, it is not possible to edit sequences when someone has already been enrolled in them... I think that it is because once you enroll a contact in a sequence, they "freeze" in time so that all of the emails go out exactly as they were when the contact was enrolled, to prevent any sort of miscommunication or unexpected change. So the only time you can edit sequence emails is before enrolling a contact.

In the past, if I've noticed that I need to change an email that will be sent to a contact in a sequence, I'll just unenroll the contact and then create a mini version of the sequence, that starts with the email in question, and then reinroll the contact in that new sequence. Hope this helps!

Ricky_Sea
メンバー

解決

Thanks @aliciapea, helpful response.  I wonder if you can help me - I'm looking to edit the date/time of the first email in my sequence (for an enrolled contact).

I heavily customised the email before clicking send, having not set the date/time correctly.  I fear to unenroll the contact would mean losing that email.  But I don't want to wait so long before the sequence commences.

Do you have any suggestions on how I could edit the start date/time without having to unenroll the contact and re-write (read: remember verbatim) the email?

0 いいね!