Sales Hub Tools

Blink
Contributor

Editing a Template after a Sequence Begins

SOLVE

I enrolled a number of contacts in a sequence that included an incomplete template as the third step.

I didn't have all of the necessary details for that template at the time but wanted to get the sequence running.

I thought I'd be able to edit that template prior to the third email sending. Apparently, it doesn't work that way - whatever you have at the moment of enrollment is what they get. 

Is that accurate or did I miss something?

P.S. The silver lining to this is that the "Oops!" email we are sending out manually is getting an incredible open and response rate, so I may have stumbled on to an interesting strategy!

1 Accepted solution
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

This is correct, the contacts will receive what is set at the time of enrollment.

How did the sequence perform overall?

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
PersiaOleeo
Contributor

SOLVE

It would be massively helpful if you could edit a template in a sequence and whichever contacts are enrolled (and obviously haven't yet gone past the point of the email in the sequence) would get the updated version. As you would in a workflow with a marketing email.

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

This is correct, the contacts will receive what is set at the time of enrollment.

How did the sequence perform overall?

0 Upvotes
Blink
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for confirming that. 

Overall sequence performance was miserable. 

Rethinking the sequence now for another round.

0 Upvotes