Sales Hub Tools

RSiddula
Top Contributor

Duplications in HubSpot

Hello All,

I am Ravi from Brussels, nice to meet you all. I am presently working as a Technical operations analyst in one of the start ups. I have an issue with the duplications in Hubspot.

Problem:
Whenever any company joins in my platform, somehow a huge amount of duplications are crating for some companies. I have no idea how to handle this, I am actually merging the companies manually but it is a temporary solution , I just want to find out the root cause and then fix it. Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this, it would be really helpful for me. Please do let me know, thanks for the community.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Duplications in HubSpot

Hi @RSiddula 

Are those contacts and companies being created by API by any chance? If the API isn't looking up what companies exist before creating one for a new contact, that could create lots of duplicates - and I can't immediately think of another cause. 

If HubSpot is creating the companies based on contact email domain, these should automatically deduplicate. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
RSiddula
Top Contributor

Duplications in HubSpot

Thanks for the response @Phil_Vallender , I just checked with the dev team and got to know that the API is not really looking up, we are working towards that. Thanks

0 Upvotes