Sales Hub Tools

user999
Participant

Don't want to associate activity with dead deals (lost deals)

SOLVE

Does anyone know how to do this:

We practice reaching out to our leads even if the deal is lost to nurture them. However, we don't want a dead deal to get automatically associated with the email. 

The Salespeople aren't always consciously checking the associations and this leads to the problems being created like associations with the wrong deals.

Another usecase for this: We have a partner associated with some deals and when we email this partner, all deals (including the dead ones) get associated with this email. This again creates issues for us in tracking.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
HubDoPete
Solution
Guide | Gold Partner
Guide | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @user999 

I recommend you 'detach' your dead deals.

One way (although I am sure not the only way) is to create a few deal properties to store the original associated contact and company. On dead deals, set those properties and remove the association.

At best - fully automate this. But if difficult to automate, have a deal-based workflow create a task - so that a person sets the deal properties and deletes the association.

Have the workflow keep checking and reminding until those deal-deal properties are set.

cheers

Pete

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
HubDoPete
Solution
Guide | Gold Partner
Guide | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @user999 

I recommend you 'detach' your dead deals.

One way (although I am sure not the only way) is to create a few deal properties to store the original associated contact and company. On dead deals, set those properties and remove the association.

At best - fully automate this. But if difficult to automate, have a deal-based workflow create a task - so that a person sets the deal properties and deletes the association.

Have the workflow keep checking and reminding until those deal-deal properties are set.

cheers

Pete

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @user999,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to tag in a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any input on this matter:

hi @HubDoPete@DarianVretenar@GrantCarlile, do you have any tips for @user999? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team     

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings