Document appears blurry

PKHeaphy

I uploaded a 2MB PDF Brochure to documents. When opening it appears blurry. How would I fix this?

20 Replies 20
BrettLanguirand
HubSpot Employee

Hello @PKHeaphy,

Welcome to the Hubspot Community and thank you for your question.

Our product team is aware that the library that renders Documents does so in a way that results in loss of resolution, however they're currently unable to allocate resources to change the current library being used.  It is a very large task to change this, and it will likely require a major update to the Documents tool.  This is something that they want to accomplish in the future, but they are unable to provide a time frame as to when something like that will be possible.  

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.  I hope to someday update you to let you know that the Documents tool has been re-vamped and the problem has been solved.

Thanks,

Brett

0 Upvotes
PKHeaphy

Thanks Brett for letting me know, I'll look forward to hearing when that re-vamp happens.

0 Upvotes
PeteGers

Hi,

this issue should get serious priority as we are using Hubspot as a marketing and sales tool, the 1st impression on any document we send in conjunction with our offer (any of your customers must feel the same) is critical to presenting a proffesional face to our prospective customers.

Totally crap that such a poor representation is presented if I want to track and get the benifit of using Hubspot.

Does anyone have a workaround for this ?

mstefan9
Participant

I submitted a support and ticket and was sent to the post you made above... I think the only work around is to hack the voting system so this gets priority with Hubspot 😂

0 Upvotes
PaulSaaS
Participant

Hi Brett,

I can see the new documents update and yet the docs are still blurry. Do your Dev team have anything planned to fix this?

If not, what do you suggest in terms of optimal document sizes etc to reduce the blurriness as much as possible?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
philipbock
Participant

Hi Hubspot,

We are a heavy user of this feature and are currently forced to use Docsend as a workaround as a consequence of the poor quality of the PDF viewer. (We upload through Docsend, generate a link and paste it into the email composer in Hubspot)

It is such a shame that this job has to be done outside of Hubspot as one of the main value propositions of Hubspot is having everything in the same place. At least it is for us and it is what made us cancel several standalone services in order to gather them in Hubspot. Overall we are happy we did so. Hubspot is awesome, but this issue is a huge bummer, especially because we only found out after converting everything to Hubspot and changing our internal processes.

I am aware that this is not a quick fix, but could you please estimate the job size and see if it could fit in somewhere on the roadmap? It seems like this issue is deeply buried somewhere on a buglist, I would love to be able to move it up just a little bit. Would make this brilliant product perfect.

Fingers crossed 

All the best,

Philip

PathV

I agree with the other posts here. I spend a lot of time and resources creating a great looking deck and then it gets delivered at such a poor resolution it makes a bad first impression. This should be a critical or urgent level fix for Hubspot considering the focus on inbound marketing. 

0 Upvotes
escaperecruit
Participant

Guys this needs high priority, I mean it renders the option useless if its blurry. Either do it right or don't do it at all. We obviously need the click data but I cringe at the thought of dissapointment when someone clicks through.

drew_gray

Definitely needs to be a higher priority. We're paying customers because we want to make the best first impression not a blurry one. This is 2017 - poeple expect things to be sharp & crisp. Documents is my most used tool in the program other than maybe tracking. 

0 Upvotes
gard
Participant

Any updates here? We're thinking about switching all our systems to HubSpot and we live of selling something visual. So there's no way we can send something out using the documents feautre as it is. 

0 Upvotes
zlev5779
Participant

This is ABSURD. Just sent a slew of trade show followup emails on a trial version (trying to evaluate whether Hubspot is right for us) and I am apalled by why the heck every single one of my leads is trying to view blurry sell sheets. Talk about a crappy first impression. Really guys?! I agree with other posters, not only does this need to be a high priorty -- but disable the functionaility/feature if you can't get it right. This is hindering more people than it's helping.

0 Upvotes
Dsoya
Participant

Any updates here?

0 Upvotes
CWeekly

It looks like this hasn't been updated since 2017, which is kinda crazy. As a client management tool that provides forward facing client communications, you would think this would be a priority. I'll instead just have to add it as an attachment within Gmail.  Updates to this would be greatly appreciated by many, I'm sure. 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @CWeekly,

While this thread may not have been updated, that does not mean that this functionality has not improved. Are you experiencing a specific issue in regards to having a document upload that is blurry? 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
aarbub
Participant

Documents still appear blurry/slightly out of focus.  What is the fix here?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @aarbub,

Are you viewing your documents on your phone or on your desktop? Do you mind sending along screenshots? 

There are improvements to this tool coming in the future, however I want to make sure your specific concerns and issues are brought to the proper team.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
jrsansom
Participant

It's been almost  year since the last update. Have the improvements referenced above been implemented yet?

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager

Hello @jrsansom, could you please inform the behavior on your end? 

As Jenny asked previously in this thread, are you viewing your documents on your phone or on your desktop? Do you mind sending along screenshots? 

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

SiddharthGarg91

Hi @PKHeaphy @jrsansom @aarbub and others,

We are developing a HubSpot app called CloudFiles which is an enhancement over Documents. You can upload any type of document and our proprietary software converts it to PDF and renders it in our own viewer. There is much much more you can do with the uploaded files all from within the context of your records (deal/contact/account). We don't expect this blurring issue in our app so do reach out to us and we can test it out for you.

You can try out the app from HubSpot Marketplace.

0 Upvotes
SiddharthGarg91

Hi @PKHeaphy @jrsansom @aarbub and others,

We have recently launched our 2-min Intro Video, 1-page Intro, Demo video playlist and Slide Deck. These  collectively show all features and screens in action.

You can check out the CloudFiles viewer that can show any file in PDF format and does not have any blurring or corruption problems.

Thanks

0 Upvotes