Sales Hub Tools

ajellis
Membre

Do the Chat Transcripts automatically archive permanently?

Résolue

Hi Everyone! 

I am interested in learning more about the live chat feature you can add to websites via the plugin they are advertising through the chat bot. I am in a regulated industry and need to make sure that any inquiries are permanently archived within our system. I was wondering if anyone knows if the chat transcripts are archived permanently or if you need to "Assign" them to permanently save the information. I am looking to use the service to prospect potential clients reviewing our website. I know that for current clients it would allow us to archive the information to their contact account, however what would happen if it is a prospective client or visitor where we don't have any information on file.

I would love to hear if anyone else has any experience with the long-term archiving through the live-chat.

1 Solution acceptée
Josh
Solution
Expert reconnu | Partenaire solutions Platinum

Résolue

Hi @ajellis,

Chats are stored to the "Inbox" even if they aren't associated with a contact. However, I wouldn't consider them permanent per se, as there is an option to delete specific conversations. I'm not sure whether this would present an issue for you or not. You can email the chat transcript as well, which would give you a duplicate copy, but again not 100% permanent.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

3 Réponses
ABischoff
Participant | Partenaire solutions Platinum
Participant | Partenaire solutions Platinum

Résolue

Many of our clients have to follow compliance laws so being able to archive chats to a compliance email is essential. Our clients are having to forgo using chat because of this

0 Votes
kvlschaefer
Gestionnaire de communauté
Gestionnaire de communauté

Résolue

Hi @ABischoff,

Thank you for the feedback.

I would highly recommend you to please post this product suggestion at our ideas forum.

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.  

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
Josh
Solution

Résolue

Hi @ajellis,

Chats are stored to the "Inbox" even if they aren't associated with a contact. However, I wouldn't consider them permanent per se, as there is an option to delete specific conversations. I'm not sure whether this would present an issue for you or not. You can email the chat transcript as well, which would give you a duplicate copy, but again not 100% permanent.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer