Do the Chat Transcripts automatically archive permanently?

SOLVE
Highlighted

Hi Everyone! 

I am interested in learning more about the live chat feature you can add to websites via the plugin they are advertising through the chat bot. I am in a regulated industry and need to make sure that any inquiries are permanently archived within our system. I was wondering if anyone knows if the chat transcripts are archived permanently or if you need to "Assign" them to permanently save the information. I am looking to use the service to prospect potential clients reviewing our website. I know that for current clients it would allow us to archive the information to their contact account, however what would happen if it is a prospective client or visitor where we don't have any information on file.

I would love to hear if anyone else has any experience with the long-term archiving through the live-chat.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Regular Advisor | Gold Partner | HubSpot Certified Trainer

Hi @ajellis,

Chats are stored to the "Inbox" even if they aren't associated with a contact. However, I wouldn't consider them permanent per se, as there is an option to delete specific conversations. I'm not sure whether this would present an issue for you or not. You can email the chat transcript as well, which would give you a duplicate copy, but again not 100% permanent.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

We help tier 1 & 2 manufacturers generate leads!
HubSpot Gold Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

1 Reply 1
Regular Advisor | Gold Partner | HubSpot Certified Trainer

Hi @ajellis,

Chats are stored to the "Inbox" even if they aren't associated with a contact. However, I wouldn't consider them permanent per se, as there is an option to delete specific conversations. I'm not sure whether this would present an issue for you or not. You can email the chat transcript as well, which would give you a duplicate copy, but again not 100% permanent.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

We help tier 1 & 2 manufacturers generate leads!
HubSpot Gold Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer