Sales Hub Tools

RyanHilliard
Contributor

Dividing up California for Lead Assignments

SOLVE

I am looking to split CA in half for inbound leads to go to the appropriate sales person. This feels like a fairly normal thing teams would need to do but the current solution I have received is to configure a workflow to find the county from the Company City field, then assign on counties. 

Anyone power users out their with a good hack for this?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Krystina
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RyanHilliard , 

Are you using a form submission to collect the city information? 

If so, and "County" is more beneficial... you could always just ask for "County" upfront on the form field rather than City. This would eliminate a step in the process. 

Regardless, you are indeed already implementing the most effective strategy for assigning the appropriate sales person/contact owner based on location. 

There is no better hack or solution, other than using a workflow as you are doing. 

Workflows can also go find "IP/City" which we find beneficial for our clients. 

@jennysowyrda thanks for looping me in!

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
A B2B Revenue Operations (RevOps) Firm.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 15 Minutes with Krystina »

View solution in original post

rfostertruyo
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

We have this exact same issue with CA. The way I did it before is to identify all cities in Northern California and pull the contacts into a list with that criteria. Then for my lead assignment workflow, I say "List Membership Includes - Northern CA" YES goes to my NorCal rep, and any other with "CA" as State not in that NorCal list goes to my SoCal rep. The issue is if you miss a straggler city and your SoCal rep gets assigned that one city you missed... So you just need to make sure you are thorough on your city inclusion.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
rfostertruyo
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

We have this exact same issue with CA. The way I did it before is to identify all cities in Northern California and pull the contacts into a list with that criteria. Then for my lead assignment workflow, I say "List Membership Includes - Northern CA" YES goes to my NorCal rep, and any other with "CA" as State not in that NorCal list goes to my SoCal rep. The issue is if you miss a straggler city and your SoCal rep gets assigned that one city you missed... So you just need to make sure you are thorough on your city inclusion.

0 Upvotes
RyanHilliard
Contributor

SOLVE

This is exactly what we endeed up doing. Most B2B software leads are going to come from <50 cities. So we partitioned based on that and then I was assigned new inbound cities from CA that were not routed. I then added that city to the workflow after determining where they belonged. 

0 Upvotes
Krystina
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @RyanHilliard , 

Are you using a form submission to collect the city information? 

If so, and "County" is more beneficial... you could always just ask for "County" upfront on the form field rather than City. This would eliminate a step in the process. 

Regardless, you are indeed already implementing the most effective strategy for assigning the appropriate sales person/contact owner based on location. 

There is no better hack or solution, other than using a workflow as you are doing. 

Workflows can also go find "IP/City" which we find beneficial for our clients. 

@jennysowyrda thanks for looping me in!

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
A B2B Revenue Operations (RevOps) Firm.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 15 Minutes with Krystina »
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @RyanHilliard,

Are you looking for an option other than using a workflow? What are your concerns for the workflow? The more you can share about your end goals and current roadblocks, the better the Community can assist!

I also want to tag in a subject matter expert who may have tips for this. @Krystina, have you helped any clients with similar projects?

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes