Dividing up California for Lead Assignments

SOLVE
New Contributor

I am looking to split CA in half for inbound leads to go to the appropriate sales person. This feels like a fairly normal thing teams would need to do but the current solution I have received is to configure a workflow to find the county from the Company City field, then assign on counties. 

Anyone power users out their with a good hack for this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi @RyanHilliard , 

Are you using a form submission to collect the city information? 

If so, and "County" is more beneficial... you could always just ask for "County" upfront on the form field rather than City. This would eliminate a step in the process. 

Regardless, you are indeed already implementing the most effective strategy for assigning the appropriate sales person/contact owner based on location. 

There is no better hack or solution, other than using a workflow as you are doing. 

Workflows can also go find "IP/City" which we find beneficial for our clients. 

@jennysowyrda thanks for looping me in!

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
We help B2Bs on HubSpot turn visitors into quality sales opportunites.
HubSpot Platinum Partner Logo HubSpot Platinum Partner Agency
Book 15 Minutes with Krystina »
2 Replies 2
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @RyanHilliard,

Are you looking for an option other than using a workflow? What are your concerns for the workflow? The more you can share about your end goals and current roadblocks, the better the Community can assist!

I also want to tag in a subject matter expert who may have tips for this. @Krystina, have you helped any clients with similar projects?

Thank you,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi @RyanHilliard , 

Are you using a form submission to collect the city information? 

If so, and "County" is more beneficial... you could always just ask for "County" upfront on the form field rather than City. This would eliminate a step in the process. 

Regardless, you are indeed already implementing the most effective strategy for assigning the appropriate sales person/contact owner based on location. 

There is no better hack or solution, other than using a workflow as you are doing. 

Workflows can also go find "IP/City" which we find beneficial for our clients. 

@jennysowyrda thanks for looping me in!

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
We help B2Bs on HubSpot turn visitors into quality sales opportunites.
HubSpot Platinum Partner Logo HubSpot Platinum Partner Agency
Book 15 Minutes with Krystina »