Sales Hub Tools

graemeduckett
Miembro

Display dollar amount of percentage based tax (or other fee) on custom quote template

I wasn't entirely sure where to put custom quote template related posts since it's a new feature, but let me know if there is a better place than this.

The problem

The sales team adds taxes to quotes in percent format (ex: GST 5%) as standard practice, but the custom quote was only showing the tax line item as the percentage value, not the actual dollar amount of that tax. In standard quote/invoice practice the tax items needed to show the actual dollar amount. Even though it is possible to add taxes as dollar amounts when creating the quote, it would be counter intuitive to have them calculate the tax amount manually each time, when sales taxes are inherently percentage based.

Solution

I couldn't find a system variable that would display the percentage based tax as dollar amount, so please let me know if that does exist. If it doesn't it would be a very helpful addition. What I ended having to do was convert the system variable for the one_time subtotal into a custom variable that could then be used with filter or operator. The system variable itself (SUB_TOTALS.one_time.subTotal) wouldn't work with the operator for whatever reason, despite its value being a number. In case anyone else needs reference, I did something like this:

{%- for fee in ADDITIONAL_FEES -%}
<tr>
  <td>{{ fee.name }}</td>
  <td>
    {{ fee.category == "DISCOUNT" ? "-" : null }} 
    {% if fee.isPercentage %}
      {% set feeDollarCalc = fee.amount / 100 * SUB_TOTALS.one_time.subTotal %}
      ({{ fee.amount }}%) {{ feeDollarCalc|format_currency(LOCALE, CURRENCY, true) }} {{ QUOTE_PROPS.hs_currency }}
    {% else %}
      {{ fee.amount|format_currency(LOCALE, CURRENCY, true)}} {{ QUOTE_PROPS.hs_currency }}
    {% endif %}
  </td>
</tr>
{% endfor %}

Which results in this sort of output:

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 1.54.06 PM.png

As mentioned, if there is a more elegant approach I'd love to hear about it.

2 Respuestas 2
PamCotton
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

Display dollar amount of percentage based tax (or other fee) on custom quote template

Hello @graemeduckett,

Welcome to our HubSpot Community, and thank you for sharing your solution, I was able to find the original idea for quote customization in our ideas forum here 

Since this feature still in beta I would recommend leaving your feedback on the idea, which will alert our Product Team to the popularity of this request.

I hope this information helps.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

tcxen
Colaborador | Partner nivel Platinum
Colaborador | Partner nivel Platinum

Quote customisation is now out of beta but this is still an issue.

When adding % fees or taxes to a quote it should display the total dollar value on the published quote.