Sales Hub Tools

KaloYankulov
Participant

Difference between Sales automation tools and Marketing automtaion tools?

SOLVE

Hello everyone,

Could anyone please explain the difference between the Sales automation tools available on the Professional Sales Hub plan and the marketing automation tools available on the Professional Marketing Hub plan?

More specifically, I'm curious about the difference between the workflows on the sale plan and the workflows on the marketing plan.

While I understand the difference between sequences and flows, the difference between sales workflows and marketing workflows is not clear to me. Or it's the same workflows features for both plans?

Thank you.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KaloYankulov,

As far as workflows go, these are basically the same. For a while, interactions with the deal object were limited to Sales Hub Professional and Enterprise, if I remember correctly but checking just now, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I checked creating deal records, updating deal properties and deal-based workflows, these are all seem to be available in Marketing Hub Professional as well.

The main difference between Marketing Hub automation and Sales Hub automation is that Sales Hub unlocks automation of personal communication. Marketing workflows let you send emails from a connected email domain, Sales Hub sequences let you send bulk communication from the personal connected inbox.

Does that answer your question?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KaloYankulov,

As far as workflows go, these are basically the same. For a while, interactions with the deal object were limited to Sales Hub Professional and Enterprise, if I remember correctly but checking just now, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I checked creating deal records, updating deal properties and deal-based workflows, these are all seem to be available in Marketing Hub Professional as well.

The main difference between Marketing Hub automation and Sales Hub automation is that Sales Hub unlocks automation of personal communication. Marketing workflows let you send emails from a connected email domain, Sales Hub sequences let you send bulk communication from the personal connected inbox.

Does that answer your question?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

KaloYankulov
Participant

SOLVE

Got it! Thank you.

So Workflow features are the same but Sales Hub emails through your email server (Gmail, Outlook, etc.) and it's intended for personal sales messages while marketing uses your domain name for mass email like larger scale email marketing campaigns, etc. Did I get it right?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Correct, @KaloYankulov! There are additional Sales Hub workflow-related features (e.g. the ability to rotate contacts to owners) but the main difference is the personal email automation, I'd say.

If you're interested in upgrading to Sales Hub Professional and would like to discuss use cases (automation but also reporting, forecasting, tasks queues etc), let me know. Happy to hop on a (free) call if you'd find that useful. The button in my signature leads straight to my calendar.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler