Deleting sequences from a free account that was previously a sales starter account

Highlighted
New Contributor

Had a Sales Starter account for about 6 months then let it go back to the free account until our next event.

While in Sales Starter I created a number of sequences. I need to delete those sequences so I can delete the associated email templates. This system won't let you delete an email template when it's associated with a sequence.

HERE'S THE CATCH-22:

My downgraded free account won't let me open the sequences tool to delete them. And I can't create any new templates until I delete the existing ones. But the system won't let me delete them until I delete the sequences they are in.

How do I delete my previously created sequences?

Clearly, this is a bug in the system - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

20 Replies 20
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hi @mrusser I can create a task for one of our devs to remove the sequences. Just to confirm, you would like all of them removed? Even though you currently don't have access, they will appear if you later upgrade and haven't removed them via an internal HubSpot dev task. 

Regarding templates, would you like all of them removed also? As a Sales free user you will only be able to access the first five created.

Please let me know and I will submit the dev task post haste. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi 

Please remove only the Sequences - I will manually remove any templates that I don't need. Since posting this first inquiry I created two templates that I do not want removed.

Once again - please only remove the sequences - NOT the templates.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hi @mrusser I'll be happy to do this, but you have two accounts listed under your email address. Can you let me know which account has the sequences you would like to delete? Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi there,

I am have the exact same situation with sequences and templates.  Can you also setup a task to have my existing sequences and templates removed?

I would appreciate it!

Alan

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hi @IndyAlan  I'll put in a task to have them removed. 

Ed

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Yes!

Thank you very much Smiley Happy

Alan

0 Upvotes
Highlighted

Hello @edjusten may I request the same?

Please delete all Sequences and Templates within those Sequences.

These were created by a predecessor and we'd love to add new Templates!

Cheers!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @megadeaf,

Your request has been completed and you should be all set!

Thank you,
Jenny

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello,

I am have the exact same situation with sequences and templates.  Can you also setup a task to have my existing sequences and templates removed?

Best Regards, 

Krastio

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @solitex,

Your request has been completed and your sequences have been deleted. You can now delete your templates.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you Jenny

Krastio

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue. Would it be possible to delete all sequences from my account as well?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @ChrisKane,

Happy to get these Sequences deleted for you, I do want to confirm that once these Sequences has been deleted, there is not a way for HubSpot to restore them. If you are alright with this, please let me know, and i would be happy to proceed!

Best,

Olivia 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Yes, that is perfectly fine!

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @ChrisKane!

Our team has been able to successfully delete your Sequences for you, please let me know if you continue to see otherwise!

Best,

Olivia 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted

Hi, 

I have the exact same problem. Can I get the sequences deleted from my account so I can organize the templates myself? 

Thanks, 

Felipe 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Felipe3,

Your request has been completed and your sequences have been deleted.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Same. Please remove all templates and all sequences from our account. Thank you. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @cslavin, checking the account associated with your user in the Community the sequences are already deleted.

Do you still need assistance on this matter?

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Pam - The Customer Success Team just provided temp access to the Sales Pro plan so we've since been able to delete all old sequencing and templates. Thanks for checking.