Calling

adamlfoster
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

Deleting HubSpot call recordings

SOLVE

Is there any way I can automatically delete all call recordings after 72 hours? 

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @adamlfoster,

There currently don't seem to be any out of the box settings for this (Settings > Calling) and it's not possible to set up activity based workflows to delete activity records.

You could look into the HubSpot API to create your own application to delete call recordings after 72 hours. Additionally, you could submit a request to the HubSpot Ideas section of the community for expiring recordings: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

The product team reviews these requests based on their popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @adamlfoster,

There currently don't seem to be any out of the box settings for this (Settings > Calling) and it's not possible to set up activity based workflows to delete activity records.

You could look into the HubSpot API to create your own application to delete call recordings after 72 hours. Additionally, you could submit a request to the HubSpot Ideas section of the community for expiring recordings: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

The product team reviews these requests based on their popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

deepgi
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

I tried deleting the hs_call_recoding_url property using the API, but that only removes the "preview" on the UI, the recording still remains accessible when you click on the call and get to the call page. I think the source for the call page recording is different from the url or it has the url saved in other location. Could you please help with the property name that links directly to the call page "recording", on deleting which the call recording can be made inaccessible from all locations on the UI ?

Given all the privacy laws, it seems strange that Hubspot doesnot have an easy delete method. 

Thanks,

Deepanshu

0 Upvotes