Sales Hub Tools

410sDrew
Participant

Delegate a meeting owner when creating a meeting?

Use case:

Inside appointment setter needs a way to create a Meeting between a contact and an Outside rep. Ideally from the Contact record so they can insert a Zoom link from the editor.

They can add the propect and the Outside rep (HubSpot user) to the Attendees, but the email invite also sets the originator as the organizer/sender and the meeting is on their calendar.

Wondering if there's a way they can be a delegate for the Outside Rep's calendar (like you can in Outlook already) and if I'm just missing how this can be done so they don't get a meeting in their own calendar.

6 Replies 6
NPW
Contributor

Hello All,

Please upvote the following thread, as it has more votes and is more likely to gain traction: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Change-Contact-Owner-if-Meeting-Booked/idi-p/184781

0 Upvotes
Martin_Masse

Hey 410sDrew,

Haveing the same issue.

for now my result from searching is, 

- give rights in zoom to delegate meetings,

- the delegate creates meeting in zoom in the name of the rep,

- creates the meeting in hubspot and pastes the zoom link.

far from ideal.    It would be great I you could plan for someone else, 

, for that , I guess hubspot would have to check the reps linked calendar availability..

Lets see if other ideas pop-up 🙂

0 Upvotes
kevinheraly
Contributor

Hi there! 

I hope I'm understanding your use case correctly. If so, I may have something in place with our group that will cover your needs. We occasionally have capacity in our services team to allow one of them to act as a part time "SDR" (outbounds and setting meetings). When she gets a prospect on the phone and asking for a meeting invite, she: 

1. Clicks "Meet" on the record

2. Inputs both the prospect and the sales rep as Attendees

3. Uses a Snippet that also includes the rep's personal meeting link in the body

4. Books the meeting

Since she set the meeting, I believe the invite automatically includes her, and the two others get the invite. Screenshots attached to show the process a little more granularly. I hope this helps!Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 9.41.50 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-19 at 9.41.56 AM.png

0 Upvotes
410sDrew
Participant

Thanks for the info, but I'm looking for a way the appointment setter can NOT be the meeting organizer or on the meeting. In Outlook, you can grant someone as a delegate on your calendar and they can send emails and book meetings on your behalf. That's what I was looking to see if someone had a hack for.

Only way I've found to do it is to have them use the rep's Meetings link and book through there and filling in the prospect's info. Keeps the appointment setter off the invite. Limited functionality there because they can't insert snippets or Zoom meetings into the meeting.

Booking the Meeting from the Contact record, they can, but then they're the organizer of the meeting. If time has to change they have to be involved with the re-scheduling.

0 Upvotes
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @410sDrew,

Thanks for reaching out.

Currently, there's no HubSpot-out-of-the-box solution for this, but I want to tag in some thoughtleaders to see if they have any suggestions.

Hi @Josh @willsmith @kevinheraly , do you have any ideas?

Thanks!

Jess

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

tr33
Participant

This would be really helpful. Another use case:
It would be great if members of the same organization could take notes and work the integration while the organizer leads the call.

0 Upvotes