Sales Hub Tools

CBair
Participante

Decimal places for % discounts

resolver

Hi in your quotes is there a way to bypass the 3 decimal places for percentage discounts?

If I  could get 8+ decimal places that will help give me more control on the discount I want to give.

For example I have a customer that is countering my offer and because our HS sync with Sage we cannot use the $ discount we have to use the % discount.  I quoted something for $995 they countered $940.  In order to give a discount to match this and use a percentage I need to enter a % discount of 5.52763819% to get $940. However your system only allows for three decimal places and will round it to 5.528. That figure will give me a sale price of $939.9775 not $940

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
CBair
Solução
Participante

resolver

Hello @karstenkoehler , thank you for reaching out and helping.  I really do apprecetat it.  

CBair_0-1620222055173.png

We have Hub Spot syncing with Sage for our invoices.  Becuase of this Sage does not like a $ or a decmial discount.  However we can use the % discount.

I agree using a deciamial would be much easer to read. 

CBair_1-1620222250077.png

Beucase our our in house policy we are supose to give the discount on each individual item number not on the quote total.  

Thank you again for your help. I will send this over to the Ideas section.  

Chris

Exibir solução no post original

3 Respostas 3
karstenkoehler
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

That makes sense, @CBair. Feel free to post the link here as well, I'll also give it an upvote.

If this thread is resolved for you, even if the answer is that it's currently not possible, you can help the community (and make my day) by accepting my earlier post as a solution.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @CBair,

Is it an option for you to set the discount to a decimal number instead of a percentage? In this case, you'd specify the discount as exactly €55.00 – probably easier to read than a percentage with 8 decimal places.

karstenkoehler_0-1620102098054.png

You could still add the discount in % to the description field on the left.

If you want, you could of course suggest more decimal places to the product team. They review posts in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community based on popularity.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Avaliação positiva
CBair
Solução
Participante

resolver

Hello @karstenkoehler , thank you for reaching out and helping.  I really do apprecetat it.  

CBair_0-1620222055173.png

We have Hub Spot syncing with Sage for our invoices.  Becuase of this Sage does not like a $ or a decmial discount.  However we can use the % discount.

I agree using a deciamial would be much easer to read. 

CBair_1-1620222250077.png

Beucase our our in house policy we are supose to give the discount on each individual item number not on the quote total.  

Thank you again for your help. I will send this over to the Ideas section.  

Chris