Sales Hub Tools

ShaKha13
Participant

Deals and date closed

SOLVE

Hi.

I have another question.

So we have different deal stages.

The first stage is - Verbal Confirmation.

This stage is when a customer has confrmed wanting to buy a product but has not paid a deposit.

Should the customer decide soon after that they do not want to buy the  product, would it be better to send them to the next stage called 'LOST' or just 'close lost' the exisiting deal stage ?

Please advise. Thank you 🙂

Keep safe.

1 Accepted solution
ajchapman20
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Deals and date closed

SOLVE

Hi @ShaKha13 ,

To directly address your issue, it sounds like the case that you shared is an example of a deal (opportunity) being set as "closed lost". Your question was whether to send them to the next stage called "LOST" or just "Closed lost", and it sounds like this depends on what the "LOST" deal stage actually means. If you go into your deal settings, you will see whether the "LOST" deal stage actually has the win probability of "closed lost" - if this is the case, moving the deal to any of the two stages will not make a difference.

Let me know if this makes sense 🙂

Alex Chapman | Inbound marketing Expert

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
ajchapman20
Solution

Deals and date closed

SOLVE

Hi @ShaKha13 ,

To directly address your issue, it sounds like the case that you shared is an example of a deal (opportunity) being set as "closed lost". Your question was whether to send them to the next stage called "LOST" or just "Closed lost", and it sounds like this depends on what the "LOST" deal stage actually means. If you go into your deal settings, you will see whether the "LOST" deal stage actually has the win probability of "closed lost" - if this is the case, moving the deal to any of the two stages will not make a difference.

Let me know if this makes sense 🙂

Alex Chapman | Inbound marketing Expert
0 Upvotes
ShaKha13
Participant

Deals and date closed

SOLVE

Hi @ajchapman20,

Thank you for taking time to reply.

Yes your answer does make sense. The reason why the 2 options were weighed is because the 'LOST' deal stage has a probability of actually converting into confirmed business still.

So I guess that works in making it a Deal stage.

Thank you @ajchapman20 but if you have any other suggestions, let me know.

Still new navigating through Hubspot.

Have a great day !

0 Upvotes