Sales Hub Tools

Latha
Participant | Platinum Partner

Deal based workflow

SOLVE

Looking for help. The client requires the Deal to be moved to Future Interest Deal stage with a specific future date to bring it back to previous deal stage to reach out to that contact after that date . I am stuck as date centric workflows are not possible for deal based WFs. Any ideas? It is probable that a contact is associated with multiple deals.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
LMeert
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

Deal based workflow

SOLVE

Hi @Latha,

A few questions here :

- how is the date calculated ? Is it a fixed amount of days/months ? Is it the same for all the deals ?

- does the client have operations hub professional or above ?

You could have a trigger like this one to put back the deals back into the previous stage :

LMeert_0-1653049832846.png

- I imagine you already got the 'move the deal into the future interest stage' part

- If you leave the deals untouched in that "future interest" stage until they automatically go back to the new deals then you could use "deal stage" not updated in last x days to trigger the workflow that will put them back there.

This obviously works if you are postponing the deals of the same amount of time everytime.

- Otherwise, if the date is manually entered on the deal and can vary for each one of them, you have this other solution :

LMeert_1-1653050136982.png

If the postponing date is entered manually, make sure to actually enter it one day after the real date, then create a deal-based workflow and as a trigger choose that property and then use 'is less than 1 day from now'.

Hope this helps !
If it does, please consider marking this answer as a solution 🙂

Best,

Ludwig

Agence Mi4 - Data DrivenCTO @ Mi4
Hubspot Platinum Partner and Integration Expert

Passionate human, very curious about everything data and automation.

Any problem with Hubspot you need help solving ?

Let me know !

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
LMeert
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

Deal based workflow

SOLVE

Hi @Latha,

A few questions here :

- how is the date calculated ? Is it a fixed amount of days/months ? Is it the same for all the deals ?

- does the client have operations hub professional or above ?

You could have a trigger like this one to put back the deals back into the previous stage :

LMeert_0-1653049832846.png

- I imagine you already got the 'move the deal into the future interest stage' part

- If you leave the deals untouched in that "future interest" stage until they automatically go back to the new deals then you could use "deal stage" not updated in last x days to trigger the workflow that will put them back there.

This obviously works if you are postponing the deals of the same amount of time everytime.

- Otherwise, if the date is manually entered on the deal and can vary for each one of them, you have this other solution :

LMeert_1-1653050136982.png

If the postponing date is entered manually, make sure to actually enter it one day after the real date, then create a deal-based workflow and as a trigger choose that property and then use 'is less than 1 day from now'.

Hope this helps !
If it does, please consider marking this answer as a solution 🙂

Best,

Ludwig

Agence Mi4 - Data DrivenCTO @ Mi4
Hubspot Platinum Partner and Integration Expert

Passionate human, very curious about everything data and automation.

Any problem with Hubspot you need help solving ?

Let me know !

Latha

Deal based workflow

SOLVE

Thanks for your help @LMeert . Future Interest date is entered manually and differs for each deal. We have implemented the second solution you recommended. Thanks again.

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Deal based workflow

SOLVE

Hi @Latha 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Olivia_Bagnall @LMeert @Jnix284 do you have any suggestion for @Latha on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes