Sales Hub Tools

hwagner
Teilnehmer/-in

Deal Workflows Help - How to creatively get around trigger "At least ONE associated deal has.."

lösung

Hello, 

Has anyone come up with creative ways to get around the enrollment criteria for Deals that is always based on "At least one associated deal has.."

High-Level Example:
I need to create a workflow that enrolls a contact based on if all associated deals (2+) are closed, as in not active, (they are all either 'Lost' or 'Won' based on Deal Stage). 

Why? 

I use a 'Lead Status' property that both indicates the level of where a contact is (new, cold, warm, etc.), but also to indicate if a contact is currently engaged in an active deal (ongoing), or has in-active deals tied to them (won or lost). 

Current Solution:

I have easily created workflows to indicate when a contact has:

- 1 active deal: Lead Status = Open Deal

- 1 in-active deal: Lead Status = Closed Deal

- 1 in-active deal & 1 active deal: Lead Status = Open Deal

But after that.. I'm coming up short. Almost entirely because of the critera "At least ONE associated deal has...."

Anyone have any ideas? 

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
MiguelGalvis
Lösung
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Elite Partner

Deal Workflows Help - How to creatively get around trigger "At least ONE associated deal has.."

lösung

hi hwagner and  , I hope you are very well!
First, it is important to take into account the type of license you have to know what options you can have to solve this case.
For example, the following idea may be helpful if you have Sales Pro or higher since you are going to need to create a business-based workflow, and create 3 business properties and 3 calculated contact properties.

1. Create three business properties (number format)
Deals Open
Deals lost
Deals won

2. Create three calculated contact properties with the following logic:
Deals Open
Property type Sum, choose the type of record associated Business
The associated record property Deals Open

Deals won
The associated record property Deals won

Deals Lost
The associated Deals Lost record property

3. Recreate the following business-based workflow.

MiguelGalvis_0-1632873445720.png

That according to the business stage will define if it is Open, Won or Lost. Note that in the Open path an action [Delay until the event occurs] / event property value changed to Stage (Won or Lost) is added to connect it with the other conditionals
Finally, in parallel, the calculated contact properties will be working that will be adding the associated business values ​​so that you can identify your contacts with the amount of Open, Won or Lost businesses.

Did my post answer your question? Help the community and mark it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

6 Antworten
Georgiawylie
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Upvoting this as it would be hugely helpful for our organisation too!

0 Upvotes
Chrintz
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

We solve this with an if/then branch.

In your example you could enroll contacts if they have "atleast 1 deal that is closed" 

Your next step would then be an if branch that filters on any deals that are open. 

The contacts that enroll in your workflow has at least one closed deal and if they proceed on the if branch that filters for "doesn't have atleast one deal that is open" you know all their deals are closed. 

You can the let the workflow end for the contacts that have "at least one open deal" 

hwagner
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thank you for the suggestion and detail Miguel! I think I'm following your logic, I'll work through it and see if I can recreate your workflow (my Spanish isn't the best, but I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out). 

Thank you very much!

MiguelGalvis
Lösung

lösung

hi hwagner and  , I hope you are very well!
First, it is important to take into account the type of license you have to know what options you can have to solve this case.
For example, the following idea may be helpful if you have Sales Pro or higher since you are going to need to create a business-based workflow, and create 3 business properties and 3 calculated contact properties.

1. Create three business properties (number format)
Deals Open
Deals lost
Deals won

2. Create three calculated contact properties with the following logic:
Deals Open
The associated record property Deals Open

Deals won
The associated record property Deals won

Deals Lost
The associated Deals Lost record property

3. Recreate the following business-based workflow.

MiguelGalvis_0-1632873445720.png

That according to the business stage will define if it is Open, Won or Lost. Note that in the Open path an action [Delay until the event occurs] / event property value changed to Stage (Won or Lost) is added to connect it with the other conditionals
Finally, in parallel, the calculated contact properties will be working that will be adding the associated business values ​​so that you can identify your contacts with the amount of Open, Won or Lost businesses.

Did my post answer your question? Help the community and mark it as a solution.

hwagner
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thank you @MiguelGalvis! I followed your instruction and it got me 90% of the way there, after a little more changes and testing, I was able to make it work!

The main thing I needed to add to your workflow was to subtract the Deals Open property, once the event counter went off. That way the 'Deals Open' would only have a number when there are active deals (versus an incremental counter, which would then require too much calculation). 

Then I made a similar workflow to change the 'Lead Status' parameter from 'Open Deal' to 'Closed Deal' after waiting for an event of the 'Deals Open' to change to zero. 

I've never used 'Wait on Event' before, so I learned a lot from this. 

Huge thank you! This has been a MAJOR headache. 

PamCotton
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hello @hwagner, great question! 

I will add some top experts to this matter so they are able to share their thoughts, @MiguelGalvis @Dan1 any recommendations to @hwagner? Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes