Sales Hub Tools

ssidwell
Participant

Deal Pipeline

SOLVE

Hello,

My question is regarding using the sales pipeline and the 'update stage properties' criteria.

So for example I have 10 deal stages, each numbered 1-10 (for ease of this example), each stage requiring a specific stage property to be updated to be able to move the deal into that stage.

A deal is in stage one (there are not stage requirements for this because it is the initial creation of the deal, it is the basic info in here), I now want to move it to stage 5 (because it has progressed a lot in a small amount of time and it wasn't moved from 1 - 2 or 2 - 3, etc. It was a big jump from 1 to 5).

The stage properties for 5 pop-up and ask to complete them, if you press cancel the deal moves back into stage 4.

It moves to stage 4 but because of the big leap (from 1 to 5) the individual property updates of 2,3 and 4 get missed off.

I would like to suggest 2 things:

1. when moving from 1 - 5 as in my example, I would have liked to have been asked to update the properties of stage 2,3,4 and 5 - not just 5

This would make it easier to follow.

2. if I press cancel when making a move like in the example of 1 - 5, then I would expect it to go back to the position it was previously in (stage 1) not go to the previous step to where moving it to (stage 4).

Thank you,

Scott

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Deal Pipeline

SOLVE

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: Yours is more of a suggestion than a question.

Short A: See below.

Longer A

Just a few important things to remember about HubSpot Deal 'update properties'.

- Unless explicitly required by the admin all deal property update popups are mearly suggestions.
- If a suggested property update is skipped there is no HubSpot enforcement. This is intended behavior.
- If a deal property update popup is cancelled the deal will revert to the deal stage immediately preceeding the stage attempted (not the original deal stage). Again, this is intended behavior.

If you want/need specific deal properties to be required before allowing deals to move/skip stages you'll need your admin to explicitly require those properties at the appropriate deal stage(s). Once/if required, HubSpot enforcement will kick in and you will not be able to move a deal into a new stage (or skip stages) without updating the cumpulsory deal properties. (autofill is automatically enabled)

Solution for your scenario?

Since your admin hasn't explicitly required specific deal properties between stages, you will need to take on the role of 'enforcer'. Bounce your deal from stage to stage and answer each deal property update popup (as intended).

We call this "follow the bouncing ball" ... (like when following song lyrics on the bottom of a screen) haha

Hope that helps.

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please include @MFrankJohnson if you'd like me to respond.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Deal Pipeline

SOLVE

Q: Yours is more of a suggestion than a question.

Short A: See below.

Longer A

Just a few important things to remember about HubSpot Deal 'update properties'.

- Unless explicitly required by the admin all deal property update popups are mearly suggestions.
- If a suggested property update is skipped there is no HubSpot enforcement. This is intended behavior.
- If a deal property update popup is cancelled the deal will revert to the deal stage immediately preceeding the stage attempted (not the original deal stage). Again, this is intended behavior.

If you want/need specific deal properties to be required before allowing deals to move/skip stages you'll need your admin to explicitly require those properties at the appropriate deal stage(s). Once/if required, HubSpot enforcement will kick in and you will not be able to move a deal into a new stage (or skip stages) without updating the cumpulsory deal properties. (autofill is automatically enabled)

Solution for your scenario?

Since your admin hasn't explicitly required specific deal properties between stages, you will need to take on the role of 'enforcer'. Bounce your deal from stage to stage and answer each deal property update popup (as intended).

We call this "follow the bouncing ball" ... (like when following song lyrics on the bottom of a screen) haha

Hope that helps.

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please include @MFrankJohnson if you'd like me to respond.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
ssidwell
Participant

Deal Pipeline

SOLVE

Hi @MFrankJohnson,

Thank you for the reply, so considering we are only using the free CRM, and the required fields are a paid option. We will have to go with the ensuring that we move to each position?

Thank you,

Scott

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Deal Pipeline

SOLVE

@ssidwell, that is correct.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes