Sales Hub Tools

mzebib68
Top Contributor

Deal Collaborator - automated synch

SOLVE

Hi,

I was very happy when I turned on this option on our account because it was something I was waiting for a long time but since, I'm frustrated.... why is this this functionality only manual?

In my scenario I want to set as collaborator the Company owner.... simple isn't it?

so if on a deal you have 3 companies referenced, they 3 company owners should be listed as collaborators.... but so far it's impossible.

Does any one succeded in automating the addition of a collaborator either thorugh workflows on API synch?

Thanks for your helps

1 Accepted solution
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Thanks for the mention, @PamCotton! And great question, @mzebib68!

I'll be honest — I'm not sure there's a way to accomplish what you're asking for. I know that deal collaboration is a newer tool from HubSpot, so we'll hopefully see more functionality over time. I was just talking with someone the other day, and we discovered that you actually can't export the deal collaborator values like other properties!

There are definitely some limitations here currently, but I strongly recommend sharing your idea and use case in the HubSpot Ideas forum. You'll have my upvote if you decide to make a post!

Sorry I can't be of more help!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
mzebib68
Top Contributor

SOLVE

it has been almost 1 year this feature has been deployed and since no update on API or Workflow synch?

samriach
Participant

SOLVE

Agree with the above. We would like to be able to use a workflow to automatically set a Deal Collaborator based on the Deal owner. The Deal owner can change throughout our sales process, however we would like to be able to report on the original Deal owner (collaborator). 

Cennyddjohn
Participant

SOLVE

Yeah seems silly - whole point of Hubspot (for me) is the automation functionality. I would have thought that would be the first question asked for any product implementation: how can this work / be automated? Same with deal association labels - manual. Completely unhelpful. 

jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks for the mention, @PamCotton! And great question, @mzebib68!

I'll be honest — I'm not sure there's a way to accomplish what you're asking for. I know that deal collaboration is a newer tool from HubSpot, so we'll hopefully see more functionality over time. I was just talking with someone the other day, and we discovered that you actually can't export the deal collaborator values like other properties!

There are definitely some limitations here currently, but I strongly recommend sharing your idea and use case in the HubSpot Ideas forum. You'll have my upvote if you decide to make a post!

Sorry I can't be of more help!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @mzebib68 , happy Monday!

I would like to invite our top experts to this conversation @jolle @Phil_Vallender any recommendations for @mzebib68 matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

mzebib68
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@PamH , @jolle ,
this morning I discovered another thing weired about the new feature, and I raised a ticket for:
1 - when this property appeared I did set this field to be "editable" by super admin only and recently I discovered that regular user was able to edit it... 2023-02-08_10-14-48.png

2 - when some from a different "team" is added as collaborator, each member from he teams this collaborator belongs toow with "team's view" are able to access it...

I'm really wondering if this is a real improvement or an unfinished developpment that is not helping us to give visibility accross different stakeholders.