Sales Hub Tools

CONeill7

Deal Card Automation

SOLVE

Hey,

We use Calendly as our scheduler but haven't been able to get our "date demo booked for" to automatically be populated in hubspot when a deal is created.

We have the Calendly - Hubspot integration active, is there a way for this to happen?

Thanks, 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

Deal Card Automation

SOLVE

@CONeill7 of course! Very good point on limiting the number of meetings booked per day. As far as I know, that sadly isn't a HubSpot Meetings feature at the moment. However, you can:

1. Use buffers to set a minimum window between meetings (so meetings can't be booked back-to-back)
  2. Use the minimum notice time setting to avoid last-minute meetings (so you get to set the earliest availability for a lead, which can help avoid same-day meeting bookings)
  3. Monitor your calendar and manually block off time when you no longer want any meetings booked. HubSpot will allows contacts to schedule meetings only during times when you're available, so you're free to block off time once you notice your calendar filling up 
  4. Configure your availability window and get specific about times when you regularly won't be available (i.e., leads can never book meetings on Wednesdays from 12pm - 3pm so you preserve some time there)
  5. If you're dealing with a meetings being booked by unqualified prospects, you could add required form fields to better qualify them ahead of the call. If someone seems like they won't be a fit, you can let them know and cancel the meeting
  6. In that same vein, you could add a custom property to the booking form that asks for the meeting reason. If it's something you could handle through email, you could do so (that could even be automated through a workflow). This may be a stretch, but I wanted to include it just in case it's relevant!

That's not a perfect solution to limiting the total number of meetings booked per day, but that may be close enough to have the benefits of HubSpot Meetings vs Calendly outweigh the drawbacks.

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
CONeill7

Deal Card Automation

SOLVE

Thanks for that info! The reason we use Calendly intead is, to my knowledge I can't limit the amount of meetings booked per day while using the Huspot meeting tool. Where with Calendly I can limit it, which is needed. 

jolle
Solution

Deal Card Automation

SOLVE

@CONeill7 of course! Very good point on limiting the number of meetings booked per day. As far as I know, that sadly isn't a HubSpot Meetings feature at the moment. However, you can:

1. Use buffers to set a minimum window between meetings (so meetings can't be booked back-to-back)
  2. Use the minimum notice time setting to avoid last-minute meetings (so you get to set the earliest availability for a lead, which can help avoid same-day meeting bookings)
  3. Monitor your calendar and manually block off time when you no longer want any meetings booked. HubSpot will allows contacts to schedule meetings only during times when you're available, so you're free to block off time once you notice your calendar filling up 
  4. Configure your availability window and get specific about times when you regularly won't be available (i.e., leads can never book meetings on Wednesdays from 12pm - 3pm so you preserve some time there)
  5. If you're dealing with a meetings being booked by unqualified prospects, you could add required form fields to better qualify them ahead of the call. If someone seems like they won't be a fit, you can let them know and cancel the meeting
  6. In that same vein, you could add a custom property to the booking form that asks for the meeting reason. If it's something you could handle through email, you could do so (that could even be automated through a workflow). This may be a stretch, but I wanted to include it just in case it's relevant!

That's not a perfect solution to limiting the total number of meetings booked per day, but that may be close enough to have the benefits of HubSpot Meetings vs Calendly outweigh the drawbacks.

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

jolle

Deal Card Automation

SOLVE

Hey @CONeill7, thanks for reaching out!

From what I'm seeing, the Calendly integration with HubSpot will create an activity on the contact record. From there, I know that you can filter activities by name (like if the activity name includes "Calendly"), but I'm not sure if meeting date data comes into HubSpot (unless you're sending it over through a custom question). You may also be able to check and see if there is a value for "Activity Date" since that may be the actual date of the meeting!

If you are passing this data from Calendly into HubSpot through a custom question, you can use a workflow to copy the data from Calendly into the respective HubSpot property (more info in this support article from Calendly).

Otherwise, I don't believe that time/date-specific features are a native functionality (unless the Activity Date engagement property contains that info).

HubSpot Meetings is hands-down the best meeting tool to use with HubSpot. You may have some good reasons not to use it, but the tool has a similar feel to Calendly, is native to HubSpot (so it counts a booked meeting like a form submission and allows you to send reminder emails days/hours/minutes before a meeting), and fits right into HubSpot reporting. If you haven't explored HubSpot Meetings before, I strongly encourage you to give them a shot!

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle