Sales Hub Tools

EbarakHossain
Top Contributor

Customized List or View for Unassigned Chat

SOLVE

Hi Friends,

Background Info

We had to prohibit the sales team from having access to any contact they don't own, they have to click each unassigned chat and look to see if they own the contact.

Question 

Is there a view/or list to create for the sales team to only see unassigned chats for contacts that they own? And similarly, a list or view for unassigned chats with NO contact owner?

End Goal:

The ultimate goal would be to preserve the setting that allows each sales person to interact with contacts they own WHILE eliminating some of the friction of them trying to reply to unassigned chats. Is this possible.

Many thanks in advance for your kind assistance. 

/Ebarak

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EbarakHossain,

As far as I know, this is currently not possible. Inbox permissions are rather basic at this stage:

Please note: incoming conversations can only be automatically assigned to users with a paid seat, but free users can still assign and respond to unassigned conversations if they are included as a team member on the inbox.

If you choose Specific users and teams, users with Account access or Super Admin permissions can view any conversations inbox in the portal, but cannot take actions in the inbox, such as assigning a conversation or replying to a thread, unless they are included as a team member in the inbox settings.

Unfortunately, it's either on or off. There aren't any settings or access options to limit inbox members to only see conversations relating to contacts they own.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EbarakHossain,

As far as I know, this is currently not possible. Inbox permissions are rather basic at this stage:

Please note: incoming conversations can only be automatically assigned to users with a paid seat, but free users can still assign and respond to unassigned conversations if they are included as a team member on the inbox.

If you choose Specific users and teams, users with Account access or Super Admin permissions can view any conversations inbox in the portal, but cannot take actions in the inbox, such as assigning a conversation or replying to a thread, unless they are included as a team member in the inbox settings.

Unfortunately, it's either on or off. There aren't any settings or access options to limit inbox members to only see conversations relating to contacts they own.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

EbarakHossain
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks a lot, dear @karstenkoehler. I thought the same way.