Custom dates tokens in templates

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hey All,

HubSpot rook here, with a "wouldn't it be nice if"... 

When writing our emails, wouldn't it be nice if you could insert custom date tokens when requesting meetings?  This way, you would have one less area to manually adjust every time you send a fresh email.  I know we are encouraged to customize and personalize every message, but this is functionality that already exists in Tasks, and would be one less thing to worry about so we can focus on personalization.  

FYI, SalesLoft, OutReach.io and others have this built in.

5 Replies
Community Manager

Hi @jabadia18

Are you using a meetings link and/or templates? They sound like two HubSpot tools that would make some of what you are looking for possible. Meetings links allow you give your contacts access to your calendar so they can book time with you, and templates allow you to avoid retyping the same email over and over again. 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, but I'm referring specifically to custom date tokens inside templates.  And no, the meetings link will not do what I'm looking for.  I specifically want a token that, regardless of what day you email, picks a day of the week or date 2-3 days in the future.  Example: if I email on Monday, it would insert "Wednesday" or "March 28th".  It's fairly easy to do and other platforms I've used have it as a feature:

https://support.salesloft.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005887683-Create-Your-Emails-

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

This would be a great idea.

When proposing times for meetings or calls, it is sometimes less of a hassle for our leads to not have to open the meeting link and pick a date.

Instead, If this tag could be synced with our calendar we would be able to then automatically send out emails or sequences that adapt the time tag to the e.g. first availability provided by us on our synced calendar.

Imagine if the second or last email in a sequence could propose a time or date which was automatically generated from our calendar availability after several days?

This would highly increase the flexibility and adaptability of our team to our end users.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

That feature is still relevant!

Definitely helps with the personalization of an email with you can plug in time related tokens. 

Here is an example I'm using on another platform:

How about we hop on a short 15min discovery call this upcoming {{now_weekday->plus_1}} or {{now_weekday->plus_3}}?

Another idea is to have conditional tokens (if/else), so you can start building proper automated and customized templates/sequences.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I would also like to have dates as a token to use in email templates, snippets, etc. For me just a {today} token would be great but I would also like to see other date tokens and dynamic date tokens added like the comments above.

0 Upvotes