Sales Hub Tools

JHackney
Participant

Custom Availability for Individuals Users in a Round Robin Meeting?

SOLVE

So I don't think this actually implemented in HubSpot, but I want to know if there is a workaround for this. 

Let's say that we want to give people one calendar link where they can schedule a meeting with one of two team members. Let's call this Meeting Type A. I want to have slots for these meetings on say Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Meanwhile my colleague would have slots on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.  It seems like one solution to maintain this distribution would be for me to block off my Google calendar on Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays, and my colleague to block off the other days. 

But also in this scenario I need to have a different type of meeting, Meeting Type B, automatically scheduled on, say, Fridays. I don't want to block off Fridays on my calendar to prevent Meeting Type A, because it will then appear to be blocked and no one will be able to schedule Meeting Type B either.

So if my expected behaviour as a user is, "HubSpot will allow each user in a round robin meeting to have custom availability", what is the best way to replicate this expectation within the confines of HubSpot?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JHackney,

I hope I'm getting these requirements right:

1) Person 1 needs to be bookable on Mon, Wed, Fri for meeting type A

2) Person 2 needs to be bookable on Tue, Thur, Sat for meeting type A

3) Person 2 needs to be bookable on Fri for meeting type B

Is that correct? If yes, I don't think that's doable.

You are correct, requirements 1 and 2 can be met with one round robin meeting link and person 1 and 2 blocking time on their calendars accordingly. Requirement 3 can currently not be met with HubSpot, neither with one meeting link nor with multiple links. The problem is that person 2 needs to be both available and not available for different meetings.

If you wanted to be able for person 2 to be bookable on Fridays with meeting type B, you'd have to remove Fridays from the available times of meeting type A for both person 1 and 2. With Fridays removed, you wouldn't need the blocker on your Google Calendar and a second meeting link for meeting type B could be configured to only show availability for person 2 on Fridays.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
caesilva
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @JHackney Maybe not so time-relevant to you anymore but.... What we did was a simple workaround.

Basically, we wanted to have meetings allocated based on customer location. So we created a simple script on our website that, depending on the choice of city by the user, would embbed a different calendar link.

Have a look here: https://steinbeis-smi.de/beratung/beratungstermin-buchen/

In case this works for you, this is a very simple task that a junior dev should be able to accomplish in 2 or 3h max.

0 Upvotes
schwipples
Participant

SOLVE

This is an absolute need.  There needs to be sub options to determine each team members availability.  Blocking entire days won't work unless that person is only focusing on one meeting type.  We have multiple meeting types depending on lead source.  Will review the other thread above and upvote it

Sky
Participant | Gold Partner
Participant | Gold Partner

SOLVE

This feature is desperately needed in Hubspot and I've found this thread and upvoted it here - https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Set-User-Availability-by-Meeting-Type-in-Round-Robin-...

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JHackney,

I hope I'm getting these requirements right:

1) Person 1 needs to be bookable on Mon, Wed, Fri for meeting type A

2) Person 2 needs to be bookable on Tue, Thur, Sat for meeting type A

3) Person 2 needs to be bookable on Fri for meeting type B

Is that correct? If yes, I don't think that's doable.

You are correct, requirements 1 and 2 can be met with one round robin meeting link and person 1 and 2 blocking time on their calendars accordingly. Requirement 3 can currently not be met with HubSpot, neither with one meeting link nor with multiple links. The problem is that person 2 needs to be both available and not available for different meetings.

If you wanted to be able for person 2 to be bookable on Fridays with meeting type B, you'd have to remove Fridays from the available times of meeting type A for both person 1 and 2. With Fridays removed, you wouldn't need the blocker on your Google Calendar and a second meeting link for meeting type B could be configured to only show availability for person 2 on Fridays.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JHackney
Participant

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler Thank you for responding! 

The problem is that person 2 needs to be both available and not available for different meetings.

Yes, this is the main problem. The company originally was using Calendly, which has this type of behaviour, so my workflow evolved to use Calendly. Replicating the expectation I have from Calendly in HubSpot seems to be tricky. Thank you for answering though - and it is good to know I'm not just overlooking some feature.