Sales Hub Tools

JWronski
Top Contributor

Creating Multiple Deals At Once

SOLVE

Hello HubSpot World!!!  

I have some clients who send me multiple jobs at once.  Each gets their own invoice/work order so they want them separate.  Monday, I received 12 between two companies.  While awesome that we're getting a lot of repeat work in bunches, it then becomes time consuming in HubSpot to enter multiple jobs with the same information, just a couple of different items.  

Is there a way in HubSpot that I could create all seven jobs that keep the same Deal Stage (Estimate), Close Date (all typically the same, I use the end of the month for mine), Deal Owner, Deal Type (Existing because it's repeat!), Priority, Associate Deal with "Conact" and "Company"?  Or even a way to set the items that we want to repeat?  Maybe a button similar to "Create And Add Another" possibly?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JWronski,

With a HubSpot Sales Hub Professional subscription you can, yes. You would have to setup a workflow to do this.

First, you'd create a custom deal property, single checkbox, e.g. "Create copy of this deal".

Then, you'd create a deal-based workflow that re-enrolls when this property value is checked / "Yes". This workflow would then use the Create record workflow action. In the Create record workflow action, you can specify that you want to create a deal record and you can also copy property values from the original record to the to be created record.

At the end of the workflow, you use the Clear property value action on your "Create copy of this deal" property. Once it's cleared, you could tick it again and create another copy.

I'd recommend placing this property in the left sidebar of a deal record. When you want to create a copy of your deal, check it in the sidebar, save, refresh, wait a moment. A new deal should then be created.

Without a Sales Hub Professional subscription, you would have to either create deals in bulk via import (which would be faster as you can copy/paste rows in your import file) or work with third-party automation like Zapier.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
JBogard
Participant

SOLVE

Trying to follow this but having issues with HS warnings about looping.  Currently, a deal is created when the Typeform is submitted.  I need a second deal to be created if a particular product is selected from the Typeform submission. I created a field in HS similar to what was suggested above which Typeform will fill out based on the mapping I have done.

Do I add a new Workflow separate to the one that is being used for the original deal being created?  Or do I add a branch based on a filter to create the new deal?  Do I need to worry about the looping warning or is there a way to ensure no looping occurs?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JWronski,

With a HubSpot Sales Hub Professional subscription you can, yes. You would have to setup a workflow to do this.

First, you'd create a custom deal property, single checkbox, e.g. "Create copy of this deal".

Then, you'd create a deal-based workflow that re-enrolls when this property value is checked / "Yes". This workflow would then use the Create record workflow action. In the Create record workflow action, you can specify that you want to create a deal record and you can also copy property values from the original record to the to be created record.

At the end of the workflow, you use the Clear property value action on your "Create copy of this deal" property. Once it's cleared, you could tick it again and create another copy.

I'd recommend placing this property in the left sidebar of a deal record. When you want to create a copy of your deal, check it in the sidebar, save, refresh, wait a moment. A new deal should then be created.

Without a Sales Hub Professional subscription, you would have to either create deals in bulk via import (which would be faster as you can copy/paste rows in your import file) or work with third-party automation like Zapier.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.