Sales Hub Tools

jaimeblancol

Create tasks from Inbox

Hi,

I am using Hubspot CRM fee edition.

I read this article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/conversations/use-the-conversations-inbox#about-and-associated-records

It says that it is possible to create tasks from Inbox clicking on "More" besides "Create ticket".  But "More" does not show.

Could you tell how can I create a task associated to a Contact from Inbox?

Thanks.

10 Replies 10
Heggenes
Participant

Create tasks from Inbox

This is very needed, this should be a basic feature for the inbox since we often work here and it breaks the workflow if we always need to go to the contct record. A task related to the conversation would be gerat.

hktango
Participant

Create tasks from Inbox

Just submitted - here's the link: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Creating-tasks-from-Conversation-Inbox/idi-p/398706#M....

If anyone's in need of this feature, please go upvote!  😀

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Create tasks from Inbox

Great, thank you @hktango !

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Create tasks from Inbox

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all of your feedback!

I'd encourage you guys to share this feedback as an idea post in HubSpot Ideas Forum so that other users can find this request easily and give it upvotes. As explained in The Ideas Forum Users' Guide,  it's a place for HubSpot users to discuss feature requests with each other and the HubSpot Product Team. So the Ideas Forum would be the best channel for this matter.

If you create an idea post, please share the link within this thread so that anyone who comes across this post can navigate to the idea:)

Thanks for your understanding!

0 Upvotes
hktango
Participant

Create tasks from Inbox

Really need for this feature to be back..

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Create tasks from Inbox

Hi @jaimeblancol ,

Thanks for reaching out.

I am also not seeing "More" button nor "Create task" option in the Conversations inbox view. Let me check this further, I will update you once I have more information to share!

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Create tasks from Inbox

Hey @jaimeblancol ,

I checked with the internal team and figured that this is a new update to the sidebar of the Conversations inbox. Currently there's no "more" nor "create task" buttons within the selected conversation, instead you will need to open a contact record by clicking on the name of the contact. We updated the knowledge base article so that it is now aligned with the actual product.

I hope this information helps.

0 Upvotes
jaimeblancol

Create tasks from Inbox

Hi,

thanks for following up.

Any way to get this feature back?  It is very useful.

Cheers.

Jaime

MHolt
Participant

Create tasks from Inbox

Yes i agree. this seems very basic when handling messages in the inbox. 

Matt

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Create tasks from Inbox

Hi @jaimeblancol ,

Currently, there's no way to revert the feature... but thank you for your feedback!