Sales Hub Tools

AWhite50

Create Repeating Task with Workflow NOT connected to an Object

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

I'd like to create a repeating "To-Do" Task for every sales rep that's titled "Sales Weekly Summary". It shows up as a task that they must complete by Friday every week. The task includes a snippet list of 6 questions they must answer briefly. Once they complete the task, I will create a report that filters completed to-do tasks with the title containing "Sales Weekly Summary" that is then visible/emailed to a director. 

I can't seem to find a clear answer on how to create a worfklow that auto adds a task (not related to an object). Is this possible?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AWhite50,

Currently all workflows handle records – there aren't any workflows that don't enroll and deal with records. So in that sense it's not possible to create tasks via workflow that aren't associated to an object.

You would have to find a way that there is only one record for each sales rep – and the most sensible option here would be to have a contact record for each sales rep. The sales rep would both be a user and have a contact record under their name.

If you label these contact records (e.g. as Contact type "Sales rep" or ticking a checkbox "Eligible for weekly tasks"), you can enroll them into a workflow and associate the task for the sales rep to the contact record of the sales rep.

This is the closest, I think, you can get to what you want to achieve in HubSpot.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AWhite50,

Currently all workflows handle records – there aren't any workflows that don't enroll and deal with records. So in that sense it's not possible to create tasks via workflow that aren't associated to an object.

You would have to find a way that there is only one record for each sales rep – and the most sensible option here would be to have a contact record for each sales rep. The sales rep would both be a user and have a contact record under their name.

If you label these contact records (e.g. as Contact type "Sales rep" or ticking a checkbox "Eligible for weekly tasks"), you can enroll them into a workflow and associate the task for the sales rep to the contact record of the sales rep.

This is the closest, I think, you can get to what you want to achieve in HubSpot.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

AWhite50

SOLVE
Thanks, that's a great idea Karsten.

If I go that route, I'm trying to figure out how I would be able to report on the task details/contents each week. I can filter by Task Type (to-do), and title "Sales Summary" to exclude all other tasks, but can I ensure the contents or details of the report are included or exportable?

[cid:image001.png@01D99314.E130EFD0]
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AWhite50,

There isn't any image attached to your post. Can you please try uploading again?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

AWhite50

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, I decided against adding the reporting component as one of our leaders wants to see the responses without having to leave their inbox and log in to HubSpot since the report only displays a preview of the note, not the full details of the note/task logged. Thanks for your help.hubspot report.png

0 Upvotes