Sales Hub Tools

MvanRooijen

Copying Company Date Property to Deal Property Workflow

SOLVE

Hi HubSpot,

Hoping you can help me out here, we've setup a flow where we manually set a 'Trial End Date' in company properties. (Linked to Existing deals)

This triggers a worfklow for various taks, which works fine. However I'd like to Copy the Company Property 'Trial End Date' to a Deal Property 'Trial End Date DEAL' to be able to offer reporting on deals that received a trial end date and those who didn't.

Im unable to copy properties from company to deal level, vice versa it does work.

Any suggestions?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MvanRooijen,

Workflows, by default, copy from the object that the workflow is based on. For example, if you have a deal-based workflow, you can copy a value from a deal property to another object. It doesn't work the other way around.

To copy a a company property value into a deal property, you'd have to create a company-based workflow.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
MvanRooijen

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Thanks, that did the trick. Figured it out!

Best,

Martijn

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MvanRooijen,

Workflows, by default, copy from the object that the workflow is based on. For example, if you have a deal-based workflow, you can copy a value from a deal property to another object. It doesn't work the other way around.

To copy a a company property value into a deal property, you'd have to create a company-based workflow.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.