Sales Hub Tools

PawsTeam

Conversion Rate Reporting

SOLVE

Hi there, 

I am looking to create a report tracking the conversion rate for each of the team, based on the average amount of times contacts are called before they become a won deal.

What is the best approach for this? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PawsTeam,

Unfortunately there isn't an out of the box solution for this.

The general approach here would be to set up a Number of calls before contact becomes customer property. You would first have to create a contact-based list of contacts that are associated with an activity of the type Call with an Activity date less than 1 day ago and a positive Call outcome. (This entire workaround must unfortunately assume that there isn't more than 1 call within 24 hours.) You would use this list as a re-enrollment trigger in a contact-based workflow. Each time a contact is enrolled, you would increase the number property form above by +1. In the unenrollment or goal criteria of the workflow, specify that contacts should leave the workflow when their Lifecycle stage is 'Customer'. That way, that counter stops the moment a deal is won.

You would now have a number property that you can aggregate on a company level to understand how many calls there were to a company (using a calculation property) or create a custom contact report to calculate an average across different contact types, personas, job titles, buying roles etc. To do so, navigate to Menu > Reports > Reports > Create report > Single object > Contacts, set Filters to Create date is all time and then display Number of calls before contact becomes customer by any other property that you're interested in. Make sure to select the KPI visualization and specify that measure should be an average.

Let me know if I should further specify one of the steps above, happy to elaborate.

Unfortunately, you would only have this information from the moment you switch on the workflow, not historically.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PawsTeam,

Unfortunately there isn't an out of the box solution for this.

The general approach here would be to set up a Number of calls before contact becomes customer property. You would first have to create a contact-based list of contacts that are associated with an activity of the type Call with an Activity date less than 1 day ago and a positive Call outcome. (This entire workaround must unfortunately assume that there isn't more than 1 call within 24 hours.) You would use this list as a re-enrollment trigger in a contact-based workflow. Each time a contact is enrolled, you would increase the number property form above by +1. In the unenrollment or goal criteria of the workflow, specify that contacts should leave the workflow when their Lifecycle stage is 'Customer'. That way, that counter stops the moment a deal is won.

You would now have a number property that you can aggregate on a company level to understand how many calls there were to a company (using a calculation property) or create a custom contact report to calculate an average across different contact types, personas, job titles, buying roles etc. To do so, navigate to Menu > Reports > Reports > Create report > Single object > Contacts, set Filters to Create date is all time and then display Number of calls before contact becomes customer by any other property that you're interested in. Make sure to select the KPI visualization and specify that measure should be an average.

Let me know if I should further specify one of the steps above, happy to elaborate.

Unfortunately, you would only have this information from the moment you switch on the workflow, not historically.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.