Sales Hub Tools

TommyB93
Participant

Conversations / Live chat integration with Slack

SOLVE

I don't know if it's a bug or just a missing feature, but i have noticed that when answering a live chat via the Slack integration that if the person I am speaking to uploads a screenshot or other media, this isn't visible in the Slack thread, only in the Hubspot inbox. 

Had an issue where a user said they would add a screenshot and after a few minutes I asked if they had managed to take the screenshot yet as I couldn't see anything had been uploaded. In fact, they had already uploaded it 2 or 3 mins ago, which I could see once I went to the HubSpot inbox. 

1 Accepted solution
LiamW
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Jenny,

I chatted with Support today and they said it was not a supported feature and verified it did not function. Here is a screenshot of the chat results. I just wanted to share to save others the time of reaching out to technical support if they saw this post.

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 5.06.24 PM.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Dalijet
Participant

SOLVE

Yes we have the same issue.

Makes the Slack-Hubspot Chat integration worthless.

Until this is fixed, we'll have to stay on Intercom. Too bad.

Hubspot support says this is "known bug".

Come on Hubspot. 

Don't let your bugs age months and months like this. You can do better.

0 Upvotes
LiamW
Participant

SOLVE

We would also love the ability to view images in the Slack integration. At the very least there should be a notification that an image was sent, so that the user knows to go and check HubSpot directly. Seems like the integration is not complete if you don't even push some sort of notification of information shared.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @TommyB93,

Thank you for sharing this. Have you reported this experience to the HubSpot technical support team? I am unable to reproduce the behavior on my end, however the Technical Support team will be the best resource for resolving this matter.

Thank you,

Jenny

LiamW
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Jenny,

I chatted with Support today and they said it was not a supported feature and verified it did not function. Here is a screenshot of the chat results. I just wanted to share to save others the time of reaching out to technical support if they saw this post.

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 5.06.24 PM.png

NBarton
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there

We've just started using Slack integration with live chat, and this is an issue for us too.