Sales Hub Tools

bcornman
Contributor

Code for sequence enrollment

SOLVE

I recently got hubspot back as a tool from two years ago. I think what I'm about to describe used to be possible but doesn't seem to work anymore.

I have a list of random leads from different companies etc so I want to create a code in a random property for each one to just type in the search bar when I'm going to enroll them.

For example, in the "Lead Comments" property for a contact I maybe put "follow up sequence 0713" or it may even be something totally random like "xyzlmnop". I was doing this so that when I go to search for contacts to enroll in my sequence I can type that code in and it will pull everyone with that text in their record. 

Otherwise, I have to type in each person's individual name and check off the box to enroll them.

It doesn't seem to work anymore. So another question I have is what properties does the search function in sequence enrollment comb through? Because I can type in 0713 and it pulls up a ton of different names for some reason. It's obviously searching more than their name, email, company name etc. 

I hope this makes sense. Would love some help!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @bcornman,

The HubSpot search will look at a variety of data points, including notes, associated tasks, call logs, full list here. It's probably not the best tool for your use case.

Have you considered working (filtering / sorting) with any of the default properties below?

Last contacted: the last date and time a chat conversation, call, sales email, or meeting was logged for the contact. This is set automatically by HubSpot based on the latest date of the activities in the record.

Last sequence enrolled date: the date the contact was enrolled into a sequence. This is the date a user enrolled a contact in a sequence, not necessarily the date of the first step that executed.

Alternatively, instead of using the search, you could work with a filtered view. You could filter for "Lead comment is known" (for all contacts with input in your field), "Lead comment is unknown" (for all contacts without input in your field) or "Lead comment contains any of" (for all contacts with a specific input). Once you've set the filters, you can save and pin this view and make it default for easy access.

It will require you to change your mode of working slightly, from not using the search anymore, but the information is all there.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Alex32
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @bcornman , you could give this extension a go. It lets you automate sequences with a little more flexability.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @bcornman,

The HubSpot search will look at a variety of data points, including notes, associated tasks, call logs, full list here. It's probably not the best tool for your use case.

Have you considered working (filtering / sorting) with any of the default properties below?

Last contacted: the last date and time a chat conversation, call, sales email, or meeting was logged for the contact. This is set automatically by HubSpot based on the latest date of the activities in the record.

Last sequence enrolled date: the date the contact was enrolled into a sequence. This is the date a user enrolled a contact in a sequence, not necessarily the date of the first step that executed.

Alternatively, instead of using the search, you could work with a filtered view. You could filter for "Lead comment is known" (for all contacts with input in your field), "Lead comment is unknown" (for all contacts without input in your field) or "Lead comment contains any of" (for all contacts with a specific input). Once you've set the filters, you can save and pin this view and make it default for easy access.

It will require you to change your mode of working slightly, from not using the search anymore, but the information is all there.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

bcornman
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Karsten

I was playing around with it a little bit after I posted this and I think the filtered view will accomplish what I'm trying to do. Back when I first started using HSS you couldn't enroll contacts right from that view but you can now so it should work great.

Thanks for the response

Brad