Closed Lost

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi

When we close our deals we are prompted with a popup box which asks for reason why. I would like to analyse this data, is there any way I can pull it into a list or spreadsheet? I can't actually find it as a collective source of data

thanks

8 Replies 8
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Sure is!

Head over to your Deals View and add a filter for "'Closed Won Reason' is Known."  This will display all the deals which have this filled out.

Then you can click the Options button and "Export all in view."  You can include current properties or all properties and your export will include the data you're looking for.

If you repeat this process with the filter "'Closed Lost Reason' is Known" you'll have everything!

Happy selling,

Kyle from IMPACT

Highlighted
New Contributor

Brilliant - many thanks!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

If you want to report on this, you could try what we have done.

I added a field with a drop down selection and added various reasons for deals being closed lost.

I pulled these into a report and can see what the main reason for deals being closed lost is!

Simple 🙂

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

We would like to see the list of Deals with Won/Lost reasons. How can I get this field to a report?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Martin,

We added the field to deals and added all the different reasons as a drop down list.  The report is 'closed lost' measured by 'count of deals.

I use the filters

Create date is All time

Deal stage is Closed Lost

Close date is This year

The report just gives me a count of the reasons so we can view the numbers against each closed lost reason.

if you view the data being reported on you can see this as a list.

Hope that helps

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kate,

Thank you very much for your reply. I understand how it works. But I have probably stupid question: if you are talking about "report 'closed lost' measured by 'count of deals" - you are talking about report from Report Library? Do you use free CRM account or other version? Or do I need "Reporting add-on"?

Martin

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Martin - It sounds like you need the reporting addon.  We are using the full paid for version.

You could always create a filter in the deals tab to show 'closed lost reson is known' then sort the reason column.  Its manual but will give the same information

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

OK, now it makes a sense to me too. Thank you again, appreciate it!

0 Upvotes