Sales Hub Tools

JoseLitre
Participant

Close date defaults to end of month when a Deal is Close Won deal using right side panel

Scenario 1:

1. New deal is created on 1/12/2020
  2. During creation (using the right side panel), close date is left as default property (wich HubSpot uses the current end of month date i.e. 31/12/2020)
  3. Deal Stage is set to Closed Won
  4. Deal is saved
  5. Close date remains at 31/12/2020 and does not change to current date.

Scenario 2:

1. New deal is created on 1/12/2020
  2. During creation (using the right side panel), close date is left as default property (wich HubSpot uses the current end of month date i.e. 31/12/2020)
  3. Deal stage is set to any stage other than Closed Won or Closed Lost
  4. Deal is saved
  5. Close date remains at 31/12/2020 and does not change to current date.
  6. Deal Stage moves to Closed Won or Closed Lost
  7. Close Date changes to current date 1/12/2020

So we see in Scenario 1, that if the deal is created on the Closed Won stage, the Close date, will remain as 31/12/2020 (or the end of the month). If any of your sales team is closing deals on the same day that they are entering them, we have to let them know to manually change the close date to the current date.

In Scenario 2, if the Sales team are not creating the deal with the Deal stage as Closed won or Closed lost, when they shift the stage to Closed won or Closed Lost, the Close date will indeed change automatically. You can test this out on the portal.

Recommendation: the close date change automatically to the current date when close won a deal. Full stop. It doesn't matter if you create the deal using the right side panel.

I believe the software shouldn't rely on someone else to remain the Sales team what to do when close won deals. Clearly the software behaviour isn't consistent when close winning a deal at the time of update the close date. I believe it should be one scenario only since the properties we're changing is just one (deal stage) but the close date currently behaves in two different ways which in my opinion isn't consistent and creates misleading forecasting outcomes for our company.

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Close date defaults to end of month when a Deal is Close Won deal using right side panel

Hi @JoseLitre 

Thank you for reaching out and happy new year!

Apologies for the delay here. I've come across this idea in our Community Forum. I'd recommend upvoting and commenting the idea as well as subscribing to it (Options > Subscribe) so you can show your interest and also receive a notification if the status changes. 

Best, 

Tiphain

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !