Sales Hub Tools

Padigi
Teilnehmer/-in

Click tracking not working through Hubspot

lösung

Hey Guys,

I am working with hubspot quite a while now and really love what you guys are doing - even though there are somethings that need improvement. 🙂

So am working a lot with sequences and templates and as it is much more convient for me I mostly organise and send everything directly with the hubspot plattform. But here comes the point: It seems that the link tracking is not working when I send stuff through hubspot directly. I get notification if a mail is opened but no for the clicks. But I know that people are clicking because the are converting as well. Any suggestion how to fix this issue. 
I really think that this is crucial, as it tells me what kind of mail are working etc.

Thanks for your support guys!

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
jennysowyrda
Lösung
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

@Padigi

Yes the click tracking will automatically be enabled (for sales pro customers) when you send an email (sales, template, and sequence emails) from within HubSpot.

Jenny

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
18 Antworten
ellaolson2022
Mitglied

lösung

It looks like all of the marketing material for Free CRM and Hubspot Sales is saying that free users should be able to get email open AND click data.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d08q7gazjpgftec/Screen%20Shot%202020-09-20%20at%206.52.15%20PM.png?dl=0

Maybe this was recently added as a new feature to the free version in the marketing materials but maybe the feature wasn't enabled? Any help here would be appreciated.

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hey @ellaolson2022 

Thank you for reaching out. 

The track and log sales emails are available for any subscription, you can find more information about this here and here

I'm not sure what are you referring to Maybe this was recently added as a new feature to the free version in the marketing materials but maybe the feature wasn't enabled?

Based on the screenshot you've provided this tool is related to the Sales emails.

Thanks

Sharon 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

ellaolson2022
Mitglied

lösung

Hey @sharonlicari 

I'm 95% sure click tracking is not working in our account. We've sent over 20 individual emails including more tests to our personal accounts and not one click is being tracked. Let me know if you need any information from to help problem solve.

Thanks in advance.

ellaolson2022
Mitglied

lösung

thanks @sharonlicari !

Sorry - I forgot an important item in my post. We sent a test email and the open was tracked but the various clicks were not. I was then concerned when I saw some older materials talking about how click tracking was only part of a paid subscription. That's why I was wondering if it was a relativley new feature for free customers and may not have been enabled.

Sorry for the confusion. We'll send out some more emails and see if any of those clicks get tracked.

Thanks again.

jennysowyrda
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @Padigi and @ErnestOwusu

Click tracking in regards to email opens is available with the Sales Pro subscription level. If you have Sales Pro and are not seeing click tracking, this article outlines some of the reasons that the clicks will not populate.

If the issue persists and you are Sales Pro subscriber, please let me know so I can advise on next steps. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Padigi
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hey @jennysowyrda,

I am a Sales Pro user.

Just for clarification: Even though I use Outlook most of the client communication is handled by hubspot directly. So I activate the sequences in the hubspot sales center, write mails over it etc. 

And even though I a have plugins installed my main working tool is the dashboard etc. If I go under the sales-tools and notifocation, there are all the opens but no clicks. Same for the different reports of the sequences etc. - so at the moment I can just analyse each sequence on the metric "opened" but not on "clicked".

Best,
Patrick

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @Padigi 

Do you have ane example of an email that you know was clicked that isn't showing a click notification in your activity stream?

If you can send along any relevant screenshots, as well as what version of Outlook you are using, that would be helpful. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Padigi
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hey @jennysowyrda,

I send you a private message with a screenshot from an example sequence.

I am using outlook 2016/360. But as said if I write a mail directly through outlook the link tracking is working BUT I send all sequences or template directly with hubspot.com. 

Best,
Patrick

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

@Padigi if you can send along a screenshot of an email that has been sent, as opposed to an email template that can be sent. I am looking to see an email logged in your activity stream that we know has been opened. 

Additionally, as you are a Sales Pro customer you do have access to our Support team. You can call in and speak with a Support Rep regarding this issue as well. 

0 Upvotes
Padigi
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hey @jennysowyrda,

here comes a little update from my site: So I tested around a bit and the clicks are tracks when I choose a sequence through outlook directly but not when I send it thorugh the contact page in hubspot directly. Actucally that make absolutly no sense...can you please check if this is a common issue. Because what about mass-sequences etc.?

Best,

Patrick

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

@Padigi do you have an example contact where the click tracking is not coming through? The layout of the tracking information for sequence emails is a bit different from regular sales emails, as the clicks and opens will be in separate boxes from the actual sequence (see screenshot). If you have an example of a contact that was enrolled in a sequence and clicked an email that is not showing up on their timeline, can you please send a screenshot of that interaction?

sequence email.png

Additionally, is this only happening for sequence emails or all sales emails? 

As for mass sequences, can you clarify what you are referencing? Currently there is no way to bulk enroll contacts in sequences. It is an action that must be done on a contact by contact basis. 

0 Upvotes
Padigi
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

@jennysowyrda

Okay - can you just confirm that "click tracking" is automatically activated when I send a mail, template or sequence through hubspot directly?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Lösung
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

@Padigi

Yes the click tracking will automatically be enabled (for sales pro customers) when you send an email (sales, template, and sequence emails) from within HubSpot.

Jenny

0 Upvotes
peterea
Mitglied

lösung

I have a FREE hubspot account. I Can see in CONTACTS who opens my email templates but it is NOT showing any clicks on hyper links in the emails. I know people are clicking, and it still shows 0 clicks....?? 

I have even sent an email to myself ( secondary email that is not connected to hubspot) clicked links and nothing! Can FREE accounts track this? or am I missing something? Thank you in anticapation ;-)) Pete

zeroclicks.jpg

Arborrider
Mitglied

lösung

Hello I am a sales pro starter user and I am also not seeing clicks. I have done all the steps with cookies, removing extensions, uninstall and reinstall. I see opens, but not clicks. What else can I do? 

Arborrider
Mitglied

lösung

Also the notifcation is not instant, there seems to be a bit of delay. I used to work with a Diamond Level Agency Partner, and when I was there, notifications for opens and clicks were almost immediate. What gives?

jennysowyrda
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @Arborrider,

If you have a sales starter or sales professional subscription, you have access to HubSpot technical Support. Have you reached out to them regarding this issue? 

In regards to delays in notifications, notifications are associated with all subscription levels and there is no difference in the functionality other than the notification limit for the free subscription. For more information, I wanted to share this resource which outlines what is included in each subscription. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
ErnestOwusu
Mitglied

lösung

I am having the same issue. For some reason, I have stopped received windows notifications when my emails are opened. What should I do?

0 Upvotes