Sales Hub Tools

IGruenbaum
Participant

Classifying deals by products

SOLVE

Is there a way to make the product field (line item) mandatory in a deal?
If not, based on your experience how would you recommend to manage it besides creating additional property to deals and make it a required field that will basically be a duplicate of the products object?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @IGruenbaum,

As far as I know, this is not possible at this stage. There isn't an option to set a line item as mandatory.

The product team is currently reviewing a request to let deal-based workflows add products to a deal record automatically. This would then be a workaround: If a deal-based workflow finds a deal without a mandatory line item, it could add that line item and notify the deal owner.

At the moment, the notification part could be realized already. Deals with the mandatory line item included could be flagged as such. If deals without this flag are found, notify the deal owner and ask them to include the mandatory line item.

Without workflows (available in Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise), there might be a workaround with Zapier.

Other than that, I'm now aware of any workarounds.

Similar to the request above, you can post yours into the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these ideas based on popularity. I agree that this would be a useful feature, if you post the link in this thread, I'll happily upvote it.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
MPérezRodrígu
Participant

SOLVE

It is a big data error, that information of products quoted in contacts cannot be copied. when do they connect that information? please, thank you

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @IGruenbaum,

As far as I know, this is not possible at this stage. There isn't an option to set a line item as mandatory.

The product team is currently reviewing a request to let deal-based workflows add products to a deal record automatically. This would then be a workaround: If a deal-based workflow finds a deal without a mandatory line item, it could add that line item and notify the deal owner.

At the moment, the notification part could be realized already. Deals with the mandatory line item included could be flagged as such. If deals without this flag are found, notify the deal owner and ask them to include the mandatory line item.

Without workflows (available in Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise), there might be a workaround with Zapier.

Other than that, I'm now aware of any workarounds.

Similar to the request above, you can post yours into the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these ideas based on popularity. I agree that this would be a useful feature, if you post the link in this thread, I'll happily upvote it.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @IGruenbaum, happy Thursday! At the moment it is possible to customize properties for deal creation in your account. 

This knowledge base here contains more details.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !