Sales Hub Tools

Biscaia
Teilnehmer/-in

Checking for empty contact name in chatbot

lösung

Hey Great people,

We are in the process of transitioning from our current CRM into Hubspot and I have a question about the chatbot that seems very basic but for which I have not yet found an answer.

I'm asking for the first and last name and associating it to the contact but I just noticed that it allows me to continue with an empty field (it will show up as "unknown user" or something like that). My question is: how can I check for empty fields using the if/then branches or some other type of mechanism?

Thanks a Million!

Biscas

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Crystal_Hopper
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

Thanks @PamCotton. Hello @Biscaia!

@Biscaia, quick clarification. Where are you "checking", or where do you want to check, for an empty name field? Are you wanting to check within the chat flow? Or are you checking and doing clean up after the chat has happened, for instance in a List or a Workflow? Based on that you can probably see that I'm thinking of a few different ways to work through this.

If you are trying to validate getting a name during the chatflow, there are If/Then options are available for each chatflow step:

Crystal_Hopper_0-1612895241929.png

However, there aren't any options to build a branch if Vistor's Response is null or empty. There has to be some response and then you can use a "contains" or "doesn't contain any of" style validation. 

Post Chat Flow: You could create an Active List that gathers any contact where a Name field is Unknown. Work this list regularly and attempt to clean up the records. You could go on to create a Workflow that monitors this list and generates a Task or Notification to a user when a new record appears on the list. 

Please respond and add more clarity if this isn't the direction you wanted to go. I do think that fixing your records after the Chatflow is the best option. You don't want the Chatflow to become a barrier to entry and have people bail on it because it gets too pushy trying to collect info.

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten
Crystal_Hopper
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

Thanks @PamCotton. Hello @Biscaia!

@Biscaia, quick clarification. Where are you "checking", or where do you want to check, for an empty name field? Are you wanting to check within the chat flow? Or are you checking and doing clean up after the chat has happened, for instance in a List or a Workflow? Based on that you can probably see that I'm thinking of a few different ways to work through this.

If you are trying to validate getting a name during the chatflow, there are If/Then options are available for each chatflow step:

Crystal_Hopper_0-1612895241929.png

However, there aren't any options to build a branch if Vistor's Response is null or empty. There has to be some response and then you can use a "contains" or "doesn't contain any of" style validation. 

Post Chat Flow: You could create an Active List that gathers any contact where a Name field is Unknown. Work this list regularly and attempt to clean up the records. You could go on to create a Workflow that monitors this list and generates a Task or Notification to a user when a new record appears on the list. 

Please respond and add more clarity if this isn't the direction you wanted to go. I do think that fixing your records after the Chatflow is the best option. You don't want the Chatflow to become a barrier to entry and have people bail on it because it gets too pushy trying to collect info.

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
Biscaia
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hey Crystal,

Thanks for your detailed explanation. This does confirm what I believed was the behavior so you have helped clear any doubts. I will be able to work with this.

Biscaia

PamCotton
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hello @Biscaia,

Thank you for the information, I will tag some top experts to share their knowledge @Crystal_Hopper@AM8@MatthewShepherd what would you recommend to @Biscaia matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !