Sales Hub Tools

sberry11
Top Contributor

Chat not rotating which sales person is assigned

SOLVE

Our chat is working fine. I have 3 salespeople on the team to receive the chats. Even when multiple of them are marked as available it is always assigned to the same salesperson. So only one salesperson gets alerted and assigned of the new chat. I'd like it to rotate between who is available. It seems like this should be pretty easy and assuming it would have this built in, but I can't seem to find where to do this.

Appreciate the help

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @sberry11  Happy to help! There isn't a round robin option for assigning chats. According to this article, they are assigned randomly or based on the least busy user.

• Specific users and teams: route incoming conversations to the users or teams selected. Select the users or team names from the Specific users and teams dropdown menu.
      • For messages sent to your team email channel or submissions to your connected form, if more that one user is selected, emails will be assigned randomly to the agents specified.
      • For messages sent to a live chat or bot, if more than one user is selected, new conversations will be routed to the least busy available userIf the specified users and teams are unavailable, the incoming conversation will be left in the Unassigned view for your team to triage.

Hope this helps solve the mystery a little!

If you're looking to evenly distribute the work, one thing you can do is to create 3 versions of the live chat and assign the target to specific pages for specific reps or pairs of reps. You would still need to do this in a way where you have coverage, if the 3 reps work the same hours it is less likely to be an issue, but if they work different hours it could get a little complicated.

If each version has 2 reps assigned, there will always be overlap. I would start by looking at which pages produce the most inquiries and divide those out evenly. You might even need more than 3 versions, but since you can clone the chatflow, it shouldn't be too bad to set up once you have the first one figured out (leave your current chat as-is until you get everything set up, don't modify/edit it without making a copy first).

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @sberry11  Happy to help! There isn't a round robin option for assigning chats. According to this article, they are assigned randomly or based on the least busy user.

• Specific users and teams: route incoming conversations to the users or teams selected. Select the users or team names from the Specific users and teams dropdown menu.
      • For messages sent to your team email channel or submissions to your connected form, if more that one user is selected, emails will be assigned randomly to the agents specified.
      • For messages sent to a live chat or bot, if more than one user is selected, new conversations will be routed to the least busy available userIf the specified users and teams are unavailable, the incoming conversation will be left in the Unassigned view for your team to triage.

Hope this helps solve the mystery a little!

If you're looking to evenly distribute the work, one thing you can do is to create 3 versions of the live chat and assign the target to specific pages for specific reps or pairs of reps. You would still need to do this in a way where you have coverage, if the 3 reps work the same hours it is less likely to be an issue, but if they work different hours it could get a little complicated.

If each version has 2 reps assigned, there will always be overlap. I would start by looking at which pages produce the most inquiries and divide those out evenly. You might even need more than 3 versions, but since you can clone the chatflow, it shouldn't be too bad to set up once you have the first one figured out (leave your current chat as-is until you get everything set up, don't modify/edit it without making a copy first).

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

sberry11
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you for the ideas. It seems like some really simple that I'm a bit surprised it's not built in since we always strive to keep opportunities even between our sales team. I guess we'll just have to keep on keeping on.