Sales Hub Tools

MCloud
Participant

Changing Quoting Column Properties to Show on Actual Quotes

SOLVE

I would like to add a non-HubSpot created column property to the quotes the sales team sends out to potential customers. The issue I am having is that I can create the deal property but it won't show on the actual quote. Is this something that can be changed?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MCloud,

Could you explain a bit more in detail what exactly you're trying to accomplish? Quotes aren't objects (like deals, for example), so adding a property to a deal wouldn't reflect on the quote. A quote simply references a single deal by association, not by pulling in all of the deal information.

Having said that, the default quotes in HubSpot don't have a lot of customization options. What you see during the quote creation is what you get. If it's not shown there, it doesn't exist.

There is however a beta for custom quote templates. The best place to learn about that feature is the Custom Quote Template Beta Study Group.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
aopazo
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Mcloud, did you solve it?

If so, how, I'm looking for the same thing.

Thanks in advance.

0 Upvotes
MCloud
Participant

SOLVE

Hi aopazo, 

A custom quote template will need to be created. We have a third-party company that we use as web developers who are in the process of creating this new template for us. 

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MCloud,

Could you explain a bit more in detail what exactly you're trying to accomplish? Quotes aren't objects (like deals, for example), so adding a property to a deal wouldn't reflect on the quote. A quote simply references a single deal by association, not by pulling in all of the deal information.

Having said that, the default quotes in HubSpot don't have a lot of customization options. What you see during the quote creation is what you get. If it's not shown there, it doesn't exist.

There is however a beta for custom quote templates. The best place to learn about that feature is the Custom Quote Template Beta Study Group.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.