Sales Hub Tools

JulietaOrtizK11
Participant

Can you set segmented contacts to be enrolled in sequences by speacial teams only?

SOLVE

I have a set of contacts we’d like to only allow the “XX Sales team ”  to enroll in sequences.

With that contacts segmentation,  is there a way to allow them into Sales Hub and achieve that?

• Would a “partition” make sense, and could we operate which partition the contact lands in using a workflow that reads a particular field value (ex. “HubSpot List Name”)
  • Is there a different way to go at this?

Thanks community!

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Can you set segmented contacts to be enrolled in sequences by speacial teams only?

SOLVE

Hi @JulietaOrtizK11,

Have you considered leveraging user permissions for that? In user permissions, you can define a permission set that is limiting to whom a user can communicate:

karstenkoehler_1-1676491190236.png

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/create-permission-sets

You would have to make sure that all contacts that this specific sales team should be able to email are assigned to members of that team: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/how-to-set-an-owner

Alternatively, you could simply not display non-team records for these users, by limiting the view permissions. If they don't see them, they can't email them.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JulietaOrtizK11,

Have you considered leveraging user permissions for that? In user permissions, you can define a permission set that is limiting to whom a user can communicate:

karstenkoehler_1-1676491190236.png

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/create-permission-sets

You would have to make sure that all contacts that this specific sales team should be able to email are assigned to members of that team: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/how-to-set-an-owner

Alternatively, you could simply not display non-team records for these users, by limiting the view permissions. If they don't see them, they can't email them.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JulietaOrtizK11
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @karstenkoehler ! It makes sense, but what happens with the contacts whose ownership is any of salesforce/hubspot admin?, I noticed that when these permissions are applied to team only and unassigned, people can't communicate with these contacts under this condition, is there a way for hacking/fixing this? like in the settings itself, I don't see it.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JulietaOrtizK11,

Salesforce admin and HubSpot admin aren't default roles – someone in your company likely set these up as fake users as they don't correspond to a single person.

And you're correct, if these users are part of your current permissions concept, you would have to review them. If you don't know who set them up, I'd recommend reaching out to HubSpot support. They can usually help with investigating.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler