Sales Hub Tools

marketingbysach
Participant

Can a contact cancel a Hubspot meeting?

SOLVE

hi

I wonder if you could tell me if a contact who has been sent a Hubspot meeting invitation, are they able to cancel that themselves? Ie can a customer cancel their own appointment?

Thanks

Sacha

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @marketingbysach,

When a contact completes the meeting booking process, a calendar invite is sent to the email address provided in the meeting form. They can accept or decline the invite. In both cases, the event will stay in the calendar of the meeting owner. (If the contact in fact declines, the meeting owner will receive an email about that, unless the contact suppresses that email.)

I am not aware of any way that a contact can completely delete a booked meeting from the meeting owner's calendar – neither through the confirmation email the contact receives ("You booked a meeting with") nor through the meeting widget/form.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
mallory_gsp
Contributor

SOLVE

I understand that the accepted solution is a solution, but it does not accomplish what I would want:

1. Reflected in HS somewhere that the meeting was canceled (this makes it easier for us to clean up data by knowing which meetings never happened)
  2. Canceling the zoom meeting associated 
  3. Collecting a reason why the meeting was cancelled

If someone declines the meeting invite, there is no "paper trail" in HS.

0 Upvotes
Baduist

SOLVE

Hello,

What if the contact doesn't use a gmail address or google calendar? How can they cancel the meeting then?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
mallory_gsp
Contributor

SOLVE

I like this idea! We use Calend.ly and within the invite a contact can cancel or reschedule and give a reason why...this also prompts zoom to delete the zoom meeting but stays on my calendar for reporting purposes.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @marketingbysach,

When a contact completes the meeting booking process, a calendar invite is sent to the email address provided in the meeting form. They can accept or decline the invite. In both cases, the event will stay in the calendar of the meeting owner. (If the contact in fact declines, the meeting owner will receive an email about that, unless the contact suppresses that email.)

I am not aware of any way that a contact can completely delete a booked meeting from the meeting owner's calendar – neither through the confirmation email the contact receives ("You booked a meeting with") nor through the meeting widget/form.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.